BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #1
gobuffs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 S54 (race car)

used S65

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
For sale is a used S65 I just picked up. I bought another car to part and I took that motor to use. This motor I had already paid for before I found the other car. Year and mileage are unknown but the seller said it was from a 2011 with 8k miles (can't prove it so mileage is unknown). I was told there was a minor crack on the front timing cover (not really a cover since it doesn't unbolt like other BMWs) near where the upper alternator bolts hole is. See the pic (http://heersink.org/bruce/M3/forsale/IMG_1077.JPG) The hole on the top is where the alternator bolts to the block, the hole to the left is where the tensioner bolts to the block. The crack extends up in the pic some more and actually meets the surface where the head sits. The make the fix perfect the head should come off. That was the only damage I was told about. I was told this damage was done in shipping the motor from the guy he bought it from to him...this was not the case. There is also a crack on the driver's side valve cover and the front of the rear sump of the oil pan. See pics- (http://heersink.org/bruce/M3/forsale/IMG_1072.JPG and http://heersink.org/bruce/M3/forsale/IMG_1076.JPG. I have another motor that I can include these parts from. I can swap them out or send them separate- buyer's choice.

Cold compression numbers are 170-200 (I think my gauge might read low).

Motor includes oil cooler (but it wasn't the one from this motor. The oil lines from the filter to the cooler need to be replaced. The alternator is not present and the plug on the blue electrical line to the alternator is missing and will need to be repaired. Includes the wiring harness, intake plenum, the PS pump, AC compressor, and headers. There is no ECU, CAS and key with the motor. There is no flywheel. The front pulley is missing as well.

Motor is sold as is. I have not run it (other than turn it over with the starter to get compression numbers). Therefore the asking price is $7000. Buyer responsible for shipping costs.

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 10:08 PM   #2
MrStinky
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

Cracked head and cracks elsewhere. Sounds like a disaster. I'll give you 500 shipped to clear room in your garage
Appreciate 0