BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

10-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
Alicio
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Sedan

akrapovic evo

I have an m3 sedan 2011 and I am considering having akrapovic evo on it. I would like to know if by putting the akrapovic evo I won't need to add anything els to have a complete setting or prevent any issue on the long run. Also, how loud and aggressive can they be? Any suggestion ? Thanks guys!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Have to address the check engine light with delete-r or tune. No long term issues.

Loud and aggressive are relative terms. Livable for me day to day. Sounds heavenly when you get on it.

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
Alicio
Private
Rep

Oh ok I see. Thanks for the reply !
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
Someone?
Perception is King
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Get a Akra and a BPM stage 2 tune it will sound so dam good and add some pretty good performance.
      10-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicio View Post
I have an m3 sedan 2011 and I am considering having akrapovic evo on it. I would like to know if by putting the akrapovic evo I won't need to add anything els to have a complete setting or prevent any issue on the long run. Also, how loud and aggressive can they be? Any suggestion ? Thanks guys!!!
The only issue is that you will get a check-engine light because you have removed the front catalytic converters, which reduce emissions. As others have said, you can either buy a device to prevent the light from illuminating, or for a little more, get a tune which will (1) prevent the light from illuminating and (2) help your car make the most of the Akrapovic Evo.

Sound is excellent, with the sole exception that a small minority (including me) find it a little bassy in low RPMs. For most people this is a non-issue. From everything I've heard, it is one of, if not the, most conservative full/performance exhausts on the market.

Lastly, I would recommend either buying a used system on the forums or getting a package deal from BPM Sport where you get the tune and the exhaust at a discount. (http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=882428) The exhaust will ship to you super fast, too.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
Alicio
Private
Rep

Thanks for the info very helpful. as you suggested I will look for a used system on the forum. Hopefully I will get lucky. Thanks again!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
peeti
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 e90

Highly recommend the tune and when you do you dial out the cold-start. With the EVO it is obnoxious in the morning.
Appreciate 0