BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

How can the dealer make it right?

So I decided I wasn't getting the extended warranty and instead would get my last free service (oil and plugs) and pay for walnut blasting, trans and differential service. Imagine it would be like a new car again.

I had just previously spent 2 entire days detailing the car so also asked them not to wash it.....and guess what they did? Yup, they washed it.

I pick up the car and the SA tells me they didn't do the oil and plugs because I need another 1k miles and I can bring it in later. Says they cut me a deal on all the other service and I pay ~$835. I'm upset about not getting the oil and plugs done and I'm pissed about the wash because of the back breaking work I put in now lost.

A day later I get a call from the SA and he says they didn't actually do the transmission service because my fluid just came in. So he say's they'll do the service for free. I double check my bill and I already paid for the prts and maintenance; plus the mechanic even states he performed the full trans service and road tested good. Isn't that fraudulence?

Needless to say I'm now really pissed about the whole thing. The SA asks me "how can we do this right for you"? "Of course we'll reimburse you for the trans service ($110) but are you good with that"?

I've given this thought a few days and I'm thinking of asking for an entire refund back of all the service performed (~$835) and now actually getting the extended warranty.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
Sixle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: CR 135i N54 6MT

Sounds like a crappy dealership. Good to see you're getting the trans service for free. But they definitely didn't listen to what you requested and seems like they took their own route. I believe you're in a position to get the plugs and oil done regardless of whether they have 1k left on them. IMO, pay for the shell blasting, everything else should be comped and find a new dealership or reputable indy. They don't listen, they don't have a problem with lying, and that's not the kind of people you want working on your 1.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 05:20 AM   #3
MaDoNiOn
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 130i E81

Garage List
Tell them you lied about doing the trans fluid. They didnt listen to you to not wash the car. You paid for stuff that wasnt done..
So you really dont trust them at the moment.

They need to build your trust. Then you leave it in their hands and ask how are you gona build my trust? .

Bmw 135i Convertable White...
Appreciate 0