BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
SAM135iAM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i DCT

Maintenance Program and Warranty

Ok, so there is tons of threads on warranty and what not. However I still feel confused on the difference between getting an extended/upgraded maintenance program and just getting extended warranty through BMW.

What does the extended/upgraded give me? What does extended warranty through BMW give me?

I've been tossing around the idea of extending both my maintenance and warranty. My reasons are that I absolutely love being able to take my car in, say "Hey" to my service adviser, then drive off in a brand new x3 or 328i. Return whenever my car is done with whatever it needed, say "Hey" to my service adviser again, get in my car and drive off. It seriously has been that simple every single time. I want this for the life of my car, or my period of ownership of it. It gives me a serene since of security in my vehicle. The biggest part of this is the fact that my car is my daily driver and my only car, and if something goes wrong it's nice to know I can get a loaner.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
jordantii
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Sea

Maint is just that, oil changes, brakes, fluids belts etc. Warranty is for shit that brakes. Vanos, alternator, water pump etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
SAM135iAM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordantii View Post
Maint is just that, oil changes, brakes, fluids belts etc. Warranty is for shit that brakes. Vanos, alternator, water pump etc.
So what gets me in and out with out ever having pay for anything? Even the loaner. That's the key, the free loner. Is that under maintenance or warranty?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
jordantii
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Sea

You will get the loaner regardless if you are in or out of warranty. It's a dealer thing not a warranty thing.
Appreciate 0