BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
Larz
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Performance Suspension and PSS installed

Picked up my car today after having the performance suspension and PSS tires installed at the dealer. I think I got a fair price on parts and labor as the dealer was willing to negotiate based on some other prices I found

Drop - I asked the dealer to take measurements before and after the install. Right after installation, the front drop was 5mm and the rear had no drop. They had to keep the car overnight to await a replacement dash piece. When I picked up the car, the technician said the car settled more overnight with the front drop of 8mm and the back 7mm. I think it looks good now so it doesn't to me if it settles any more. Visually, maybe I notice it a bit.

Ride and Handling - Haven't had much seat time but my first impression was how much smoother the ride feels. Turn-in maybe felt a little less sharp than before but it doesn't bother me. I noticed during hard acceleration or braking that squat has been reduced. At highway speed the car feels more planted and that feeling of floating is pretty much gone, especially during higher speeds.

Through turns, body roll is less significant and what I like the most is the car does not skip when it hits road imperfections or grooves. I took the same turn as I do everyday which has grooves and bumps and before it would skip 2 or 3 times around the corner. Today, nothing. I went back and hit the turn again and still no skipping

Tires - Too early to tell, but the initial grip was outstanding, I can't wait until they get a little wear on them. I think they contribute greatly to better ride comfort while having much better grip than the run flats.

Was it worth it - Yes, definitely. I'm looking forward to enjoying the car even more than I've done before. I need to get used to the idea that a car can handle well and not have to be too stiff.

Oh, and while at the dealer I picked up some gloss black grilles. Some pics:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
delta-9-ginseng
OG Tray Deee
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i & F36 435i

Looks awesome!!!

How much did the suspension run you plus installation and labor?

I been quoted somewhere around $1800
Appreciate 0