ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

Ride before the Frankenstorm

I live about 50 miles north of NY City and the weather, while warm for the past week, has been overcast and on and off rainy. Not really a speck of sunshine and with work in the way, no real opportunities for a nice drive.

With this crazy Frankenstorm on its way to us in the Northeast I took the opportunity today to go for a nice hour long blast right around dinner time (last year's storm like this had trees down and branches dangling/falling for weeks). Temps were in the 60's, the roads were dry and mostly mine, not much other traffic. Once I got the oil nice and toasty, off went the music and up came the revs. I'm really enjoying the new exhaust now (Stromung), and when it's really nice and hot from playing the loud pedal it gives off a lot more pops and thraps!

It's sort of dangerous to go stomping the roads around dusk this time of year here as the deer population is in its mating season and there are many deer hit incidents (I had one run broadside into the door on my Miata 4 years ago). None the less, I really needed to go for a drive so I took my chances. Luck was on my side and I had a great, incident free drive.

To those of us living in the storm's path, let's hope it veers off or isn't as bad as they are predicting and best of luck over the next 4 days.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #2
gtMc
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 MC

Garage List
'03 e39 m sport  [0.00]
'08 mc  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elerner61 View Post
To those of us living in the storm's path, let's hope it veers off or isn't as bad as they are predicting and best of luck over the next 4 days.

I wanted to get a drive in as well, looks like it wont happen this weekend though.
      10-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
pmmjarrett
Retired Paratrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Sport

Be nice if Sandy picked up a little speed and got out of here.

Sandy is bigger than the state of Texas. Not too much wind yet and not much rain here but I havn't seen the sun since thursday and the weatherman says I won't see it again until wednesday... mabey.

Stay safe up yonder.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
gtMc
Captain
Rep

Garage List
'03 e39 m sport  [0.00]
'08 mc  [0.00]
dont know how all of you along the gulf coast, florida and the calorinas do it.... anyone that endures hurricanes for that matter. these are some of the worst conditions we've ever seen up here right now.
      10-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #5
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Sandy didn't really do much here. Actually got a few days of rain with some mild wind and now she cleaned house and left nothing but perfect cool weather and clear skies all week. My favorite top down weather!!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #6
pmmjarrett
Retired Paratrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtMc View Post
dont know how all of you along the gulf coast, florida and the calorinas do it.... anyone that endures hurricanes for that matter. these are some of the worst conditions we've ever seen up here right now.
We throw Hurricane parties.

There's usually plenty of time and warning to prepare or get out of Dodge with a hurricane. Having been through 9 tornados, 3 wars and 1 earthquake and I don't know how many hurricanes off the top of my head, I'd rather deal with a hurricane anyday. At least I know it's coming for me LOL.

Just a little breezy here and didn't get much rain at all. Stay safe up north.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
elerner61
Major
Rep

Lots of trees down here in Westchester county which means... no power all over the place. Other than that, all is ok. We didn't get as much rain as predicted. However, as you all have seen on the news, any place near the water got slammed by the high tides.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 11:55 PM   #8
puciorek
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4M

"Lots of trees down here"
I was just watching ABC channel seven's Night Report and they showed a Porshe 911 crushed by a tree. Hopefully, owner had an insurance. Unbelievable!

Last edited by puciorek; 11-01-2012 at 12:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #9
elerner61
Major
Rep

Well, I finally go power back Friday morning at 2am and I feel very fortunate. The number of trees and power lines down is tremendous. Our lines at gasoline stations aren't as bad as those in N.J. but I waited on a short line (20 minutes) and had to put REGULAR in the //M! I feel horrible, I'll have to buy it a nice mod to make up for my transgression! (I did buy a clutch stop and a stubby antenna, that should do it).
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #10
gtMc
Captain
Rep

Garage List
'03 e39 m sport  [0.00]
'08 mc  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elerner61 View Post
Well, I finally go power back Friday morning at 2am and I feel very fortunate. The number of trees and power lines down is tremendous. Our lines at gasoline stations aren't as bad as those in N.J. but I waited on a short line (20 minutes) and had to put REGULAR in the //M! I feel horrible, I'll have to buy it a nice mod to make up for my transgression! (I did buy a clutch stop and a stubby antenna, that should do it).
maybe just add an octane supp?