BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

06-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
Excello
Portugal
Rep
Drives: E90 320D

E60 530d Engine Swap - From 218bhp to 231bhp: ADVICE on lack of power

Hello everyone,

I am a Portuguese 2004 E60 530d (218bhp) owner, already with 450 000km under the belt. Recently, a connection of mine provided me with the opportunity of swapping my E60's engine to another E60's engine, this one with only around 80 000km, but a 2005 version.

The swap was made, and yet we found some trouble with the injectors, somehow the car wasn't pulling. So the previous injectors (my engine) were mounted on the car.

What happens now is that the car hasn't got the drive it used to have before. It is much weaker on low rotations and somehow isn't as strong as it used to be on higher rpms. I'd say that my e90 320d softly remapped is actually going faster.

Adding to that, I'm getting a lot of black smoke, plus a noise coming from the engine, like a non metalic rattle which disappears as soon as I reach 4000rpm. All of this leads me to the conclusion that the problem is, once again, with the injectors. Perhaps needs new remapping?

I would be obliged if you guys could provide me with some advice.

The donor motor is a 231bhp engine. In fact, the engine has some components from the donor car, namely the high pressure fuel pump and the injector's rail (the hydraulic accumulator).

Thank you for your time!
Appreciate 0