BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-31-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
remaeb
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 135i

4 years or 50k miles factory warranty

Hi all I'm pretty new to this forum and wanted to add some info about the 4 years/ 50,000 miles factory warranty that I didn't see much info on..

Anything and everything except for tires is covered

The main coverages are checks and services include oil service, brake wear condition, brake system and coolant flush, micro filter replacement, windshield wiper blade replacement - if they streak, emission checks. Battery life is a problem with these cars; see if yours was ever replaced..

Interrior trim and components are covered.

Major replacements I had done were brakepads, a new clutch, headlamps replaced (somehow they both had broken off the latches) even though bmw said it's caused by physical damage as well, and even buttons on the chairs

my steering wheel is peeling a bit in the center may take it in , but seems like a lot of hassle for a minor cosmetic issue . .

the leather on the chair seem to be have some wear by the left kidney..hmm

Once the warranty is up yikes
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

yep. these are all known things. But thanks for being helpful!

About your wheel. Mine did the same, it was replaced under my warranty. And the headlights are a common thing. One of mine did it, the brackets are exceptionally weak.

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
peeti
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 e90

Depending on what part of the wheel is peeling, get it replaced. These parts are crazy expensive... I know this isn't the case on ours, but with my Mini the airbag and cover are one piece - so worn airbag cover means new airbag too... thanks for warranty though, no cost.

Seat bolster wear - yea, get that done - otherwise all you have left is redye or recover.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
Lexington
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Blue Water

I don't think coolant flushes are covered under the maintenance program as, according to BMW, the coolant has a lifetime rating. Not sure what a lifetime rating is (your lifetime, car's lifetime, engine lifetime etc).

I had mine changed at the 3 year mark.
      06-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
I don't think coolant flushes are covered under the maintenance program as, according to BMW, the coolant has a lifetime rating. Not sure what a lifetime rating is (your lifetime, car's lifetime, engine lifetime etc).

I had mine changed at the 3 year mark.
Correct. In the US, a 4 year coolant change was covered up to about 2004. Since then, you must change the "Lifetime" fluid on your own dime.

Tom
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
remaeb
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
Correct. In the US, a 4 year coolant change was covered up to about 2004. Since then, you must change the "Lifetime" fluid on your own dime.

Tom
interesting thought it was done when the car was serviced ..
Appreciate 0