BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
dcs2k
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Ready for a tune

08 e92, with CIC retrofit upgrade, M performance exhaust. Latest software loaded by the BMW dealer.Ready to take the plunge with either a ESS or Evolve tune. Just have the following questions

1. Any one here with a M performance exhaust running either of the tunes? Like to know your feedback if any.

2.being on the latest software, any issue with either of the tune? I did a search and read about some of the later software having a tuner protection feature, and will ideally not wish to rollback to a later software to install the tune

3.do I need to install back the original I-drive before the tune can load? As it is currently, the dealer had to install the old parts before the can perform any software updates on my car.

Thanks in advance for helping me with the above!

Daniel
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Do a . Plenty of info here on both tunes. Your axle back will have no affect on the tune. Your software will have no issue with the tune.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 01:40 AM   #3
DJDeez
Got my license back!
Canada
Rep
Drives: TransLink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg-e89 View Post
1. Any one here with a M performance exhaust running either of the tunes? Like to know your feedback if any.
I had a complete Agency Power exhaust system at the tune of my tune, I'm confident a search might offer some insight/feedback in your situation. Seeing as the exhaust still retains the stock cats (I believe) you will be limited as to your gains, even with a tune.

Quote:
2.being on the latest software, any issue with either of the tune? I did a search and read about some of the later software having a tuner protection feature, and will ideally not wish to rollback to a later software to install the tune
This will make no difference, the latest software has no issues and can be tuned over. I am running the latest software myself (231E) and there was zero problems uploading the tuned file from Evolve. Even if your software isn't the latest, Evolve can update that for you as well!

Quote:
3.do I need to install back the original I-drive before the tune can load? As it is currently, the dealer had to install the old parts before the can perform any software updates on my car.
No. Whether the vehicle has no iDrive or a retrofit system will have no bearing on the tune. I am unsure why the dealer had to install the old parts, Mike Benvo is the best man to talk when it comes to remote coding; friendly and knowledgeable but extremely busy!

Personally, I would recommend you contact Paul @ Evolve directly, you will not be disappointed! He will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have and lead you in the right direction! Tell him Deep said hi
aFe cold air intake system (stage 2) ▫ Agency Power cat delete/section 2 midpipes ▫ Agency Power exhaust system ▫ Beltronics STiR Plus ▫ BMW M style (ZHP) weighted short shift knob ▫ CIC iDrive ▫ Clutch pedal spring removal ▫ Coding ▫ Evolve-R tune ▫ Laser Interceptor ▫ LUX H8 V3 Angel Eyes ▫ pickyeater334 clutch stop ▫ Rear fog lights (2011 light control switch assembly) ▫ T3 Alpha laser gun protection ▫ Turner Motorsport power pulley kit
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 12:43 AM   #4
Darin911
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: First E92 to E90 conversion!

Is there any point int he 231E if its just going to be over-written with another tune like ESS / Evolve? Do cars with the 231E net higher gains?
      05-31-2012, 03:29 AM   #5
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin911 View Post
Is there any point int he 231E if its just going to be over-written with another tune like ESS / Evolve? Do cars with the 231E net higher gains?
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=676637
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 03:35 AM   #6
iDontAlwaysDrink
Private First Class Asshole
Rep
Drives: ....but when I do....

For being in Singapore, you have very good English. Just a random compliment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Im far from jealous... I can afford a much nicer car than a M3.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 10:20 AM   #7
clamder
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3 AW

Umm... They speak English in Singapore...
Appreciate 0