ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
Shorts
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 M coupe, E91 325xi

Help with Mediabridge and DSP adapter

I've been having a hell of a time trying to get this to work...I'd really appreciate some insight and help. I've made a diagram showing how I've hooked everything up.

A few things to note:
- I've plugged the DSP adapter coaxial cable into both the DSP amp (picture 2) and the other DSP thing (picture 5)
- When I try to use the Mediabridge without the DSP adapter (by plugging the 3 and 6 pin plugs together), I get the woman's voice but no audio through the ipod
- When I try to use the Mediabridge with DSP adapter, I don't get the woman's voice or audio
- I've tapped the red+ 12v power wire from the DSP adapter into the power wire from the 3 pin connector coming from the Mediabridge and grounded it on a nut in the trunk (I made sure the wire is hot)
- When I ordered the DSP adapter, I was advised from the supplier that the NEO brand name will work with DICE/Audiovox, I was skeptical about this and think this is the problem

Please refer to the diagram and pics below and let me know if you've made an audio adapter work with DSP, this is driving me nuts.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
Shorts
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 M coupe, E91 325xi

Got it to work without the DSP adapter. Turns out the mic needed to be plugged in - who would have though????
Appreciate 0