BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

02-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
xliang
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i---->M3

Parkview BMW! Worst Experience!

as the title says, Parkview service department is bad.

story: my m3 broke down in the parking lot, with transmission malfuction error, it wounldnt shift into any gears, not even N. ok, so i called BMW road side, which was very pleasant. they had the tow truck come, and i tried to start the car again, and BAM, it worked. so, i decided to drive to the dealership.
the BAD PART. it is friday, so Parkview told me to leave the car there which im fine with, and they said they will provide me a rental, covered. as i went to get stuff from the car, they came back, said that they will only cover rental for one day. one day? which means saturday only? on top, its not even a BMW, some crappy from entreprise.

i have never experienced this before, previously with my 335, i had t&C serviced for 7days, and all covered. the Service manager tells me, because i didnt buy my car from them (parkview) that i would only be covered for one day.

i think its non-sense. i might be wrong, just nevered happend before.
plz share your comments.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Since you did not have a scheduled appointment, they have no obligation to provide you with a rental car (I never get rental car from Calgary BMW as well, just ask them to pick me up and drop me off where I am going). Plus, you should not expect to get a BMW as your rental car.

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #3
Vise
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3 RS

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [10.00]
Yeah sorry, in my experience Parkview has been fantastic from a service standpoint. On the flip side I've heard almost nothing but negative reviews about T&C. I think you are out to lunch on your expectations given this was short notice without an appointment.
Past: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan Melbourne Red / Black Novillo Leather
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
M3-Mike
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

The service manager at Parkview is not a nice person.. dealt with him a few times and he was very inflexible and not at all willing to please. So I do not go there anymore, instead I drive an extra 20 minutes to Endras where so far the service has been stellar. They always give me a BMW loaner and have no issues replacing parts which are questionable (same parts Parkview refused to replace for me previously because they could not verify my reports of intermittent operation).
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
I think that is expecting too much.

My dealership (same owner as Parkview) has to date has been going above what is required in terms of service, but I have purchased from them.
      02-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
The service manager at Parkview is not a nice person.. dealt with him a few times and he was very inflexible and not at all willing to please. So I do not go there anymore, instead I drive an extra 20 minutes to Endras where so far the service has been stellar. They always give me a BMW loaner and have no issues replacing parts which are questionable (same parts Parkview refused to replace for me previously because they could not verify my reports of intermittent operation).
I have always had good service from Parkview over the 6 years that we have used them.My wife is always happy with the way she gets treated and we have never had an issue with getting a service car when we make an appointment.I have also had great service from Endras but they are quite out of the way for us to use them all the time.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
If you are referring to Mario, I have the exact opposite opinion of him. I have known him for several years, and he has always been helpful and pleasant to deal with.

I always use Andy or Coste at Parkview, zero issues. I did have a bad experience with James there though, but they made it right after I spoke with Mario.
      02-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
M3-Mike
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
If you are referring to Mario, I have the exact opposite opinion of him. I have known him for several years, and he has always been helpful and pleasant to deal with.
Been several years since I was there last so not sure if Mario was the guy.. George was a good service manager and I enjoyed going to Parkview when he was there, but he then left for BMW Toronto, think he was going to manage the new Mini dealership. It was shortly after I stopped going to Parkview as his replacement was not helpful at all.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
xliang
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i---->M3

thx for the replies guys...
maybe i am expecting too much. but, what can i do when the car broke down...i mean..it was towed to the dealership. after i got home, i checked my email, and there was an appointment booking made on my behalf by road side assistance with parkview, 4.30pm appointment. but, 1 day coverage of rental when the car is undrivable....?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 02:09 AM   #10
Simma
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I always serviced my Bimmers at Parkview without problems but last month I was a tad bit dissapointed as well. They refused to give me a loaner car because I didn't buy from them. Atleast they offered to give you a car for a day.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #11
ep99
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

Even if you have purchased from the dealership.
But if you haven't scheduled ahead of time and they haven't allocated a BMW loaner for you.
You still have to pay the rental fee for whatever is available.

Just because you have a M car...don't expect them to roll out the red carpet for you.

Its always come down to whether you have a good relationship with the service rep or not.

At T&C dealership, they usually have one guy that handles M-series model.
Even though i didn't buy my M3 there...he knew i have purchased from them before.
And i have done all my servicing with them.

But he did give me a lot of problem in the begining.
I remember one time i had a puncture tire and i have tire insurance...but i didn't purchase from them.
you think i am asking them for a new set of tires...
Now that he kind of recognize me...I definitely get better treatment from him.

Last edited by ep99; 02-05-2012 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: editing
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #12
135IS
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 LMB 135I / AW 1M

Garage List
2009 135i  [7.00]
Parkview BMW are DOUCHEBAGS!
AW 1M: Current #211 of 220