BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

12-20-2011, 04:39 AM   #1
yuwa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

question about oem exhaust mod

i talked with a bodyshop guy about the mod, he suggest me not to do it due to there will be some problem to the computer and performance. he said the mod will change the back pressure in the muffler, and the it will give the computer wrong info, then the computer will give wrong msg to engine, then it will lose power or make the engine over working, maybe hurt the engine.

btw, that is a BMW certified bodyshop, they wont do things that not being proofed by BMW, he just give me some advise.

I know the sound is very good, but never heard anyone talk about those problems. im worried about im gonna lose power or make the car wrong. could anyone give me some advise please

Also, im studying aboard in columbus OH, i dont know any good bodyshop i can trust to let them do the mod for me. is there anyone know a good place in columbus OH i can go for the mod? and i do think i need to show them how to do it, which post is the best instruction for ppl to read and do the mod?

Sry about my bad English if you cant clearly understand my explain.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 04:52 AM   #2
Robmaster
Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2010 E82 135, 2005 E87 130i

biggest shit i ever heard!

so what do you think happens if you put a BMW Performance exhaust or any other aftermarket exhaust on your car?
this shop just calls BS. there is no sensor which mess the backpressur.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 04:55 AM   #3
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuwa View Post
i talked with a bodyshop guy about the mod, he suggest me not to do it due to there will be some problem to the computer and performance. he said the mod will change the back pressure in the muffler, and the it will give the computer wrong info, then the computer will give wrong msg to engine, then it will lose power or make the engine over working, maybe hurt the engine.

btw, that is a BMW certified bodyshop, they wont do things that not being proofed by BMW, he just give me some advise.

I know the sound is very good, but never heard anyone talk about those problems. im worried about im gonna lose power or make the car wrong. could anyone give me some advise please

Also, im studying aboard in columbus OH, i dont know any good bodyshop i can trust to let them do the mod for me. is there anyone know a good place in columbus OH i can go for the mod? and i do think i need to show them how to do it, which post is the best instruction for ppl to read and do the mod?

Sry about my bad English if you cant clearly understand my explain.

Seriously, this body shop guy couldn't be more wrong. He may be great with paint and bondo but should leave the mechanical questions to the mechanics.

The OEM exhaust mod would not cause any issues.

BTW...when you preface a thread that your English may be a little weak because its your second language (or third), you're totally off the hook .
It's the folks, who English is their first language, that get their balls unrelentlesly busted!!

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 05:04 AM   #4
yuwa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

thank you guys very much, i think i just need to find a good place in columbus OH for the mod.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
Sweattdogg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 M3/09 e90 335d/13 f10M5

If you ever found a place in Columbus to do this, please let me know as I'm also here in cbus.
Appreciate 0