BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

11-10-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

my first trip to Nurburgring

I recently got stationed in Germany, and finally was able to make it out to Nring... it's been my dream since i was 15 years old, and what better car to have than M3 This was probably one of the last weekends of the season, so there were a lot of ring veterans there that day. Cars worth mentioning 2 997's 4.0, couple of 996/977 GT3RS's, 2 997/996 GT2's, about 4 E92 M3's (and me and my buddy with E90's), some crazy monster 700hp le mans looking car, DTM looking Aston Martin, and some other cars...

here are couple of vids

first lap... not so good, used brakes a lot. I am not too familiar with the turns (only from what i've seen in youtube vids).

Chasing GT3RS

and this was my last (4th) lap of the day... I was taking it easy, didn't want to kill my brakes and tires...

all in all, at the end of the day it took 1000km of life of my brakes, oil and tires.

Car mods fabspeed HFC, Xpipe, ESS tune... +200pds passanger.
Appreciate 0