BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

10-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
Z2TT
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

What sound systems did E46 M3 Have?

Hi,

Just wondering for those of you who owned E46 M3's or know a lot about them, what sound systems were available here in Australia, what is the standard one called and is it similar to the US One? Did we have the Harman Kardon or "Enhanced Premium Sound", "M AUDIO" or "DIRAC" I'm just wondering which ones we got.

reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of getting an E46 M3 but not sure if there are upgrades avaliable that will plug and play without need for custom wiring, amp setups etc...

I was thinking to upgrade stock speakers with a BSW Set that are made for E46 M3's, but they mention on their website they may not suit International vehicles because in different areas E46 M3's got different sound systems from factory. I'd really like to know if a BSW set would work in our Australian cars as the offer direct replacement Amplifiers too.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
NBTBRV8
Captain
Rep
Drives: LCi E60 530i

I don't know what was standard, but we had Harmon Kardon as the premium setup, and I had no complaints with this.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #3
RN318
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW :D

some of them were optioned with the Harman Kardon sound system.

as far as I know, a few people over on E46 Fanatics have succesfully installed BSW speakers in their car.

I personally had MB Quart replacement speakers which are very very good too. (The original German ones).
Appreciate 0