BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
KroLeXz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Low Tire Pressure.....

I have 650 miles on a brand new 135. Just last week the left tire pressure light turned on which really left me almost pale (cant wait to replace run flats) - but after looking over the tire, everything was fine... put some air in the tire and indicator went off... I kept close watch on it the next 3 days, if the light turned back on, than I would have to take the car in to have the tire examined.

Tonight the light went right back on, only this time it's the right tire - I'm confused.

I live in Miami, FL - it's been rainy and scorching all in the course of a day. When I use to have a 328, all 4 of times went low pressure after a really cold night followed by a really hot day. Could this be similar?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 05:00 AM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Is that tire loosing air? Did you reset the TPMS after checking the air pressure. You have to reset the TPMS so it knows what the target tire pressure should be. I would have thought your dealer would have done that durring the PDI. Time to read the owners manual.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
GotM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ 6MT

When the left tire went low, did you check the pressure on the other three tires and fill them all to the correct pressure too? If not, all of your tires may be close to the pressure that will set the indicator off. I would fill them all to the proper pressure. If you get light in the next few days, then I would assume there is a slow leak somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
KinoBoom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

This happened to me two weeks ago. I did not see a nail but the tire shop inspected it and found a nail in my rear left tire. Plugged it and it was a go from there.
      08-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
schteve97
FD2BLK
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i/M Sport

Maybe its a falty sensor or as said b4, a slow leak..BMW shouls cover all repair costs since your warranty is 4/40 and/or Go into the CPu /Navi and going to vehicle info and reset the TPMS..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KroLeXz View Post
I have 650 miles on a brand new 135. Just last week the left tire pressure light turned on which really left me almost pale (cant wait to replace run flats) - but after looking over the tire, everything was fine... put some air in the tire and indicator went off... I kept close watch on it the next 3 days, if the light turned back on, than I would have to take the car in to have the tire examined.

Tonight the light went right back on, only this time it's the right tire - I'm confused.

I live in Miami, FL - it's been rainy and scorching all in the course of a day. When I use to have a 328, all 4 of times went low pressure after a really cold night followed by a really hot day. Could this be similar?
Appreciate 0