BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
radorotrex
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135i Cabrio / 08 M3 Sedan

idrive screen turned red

So I started my car then my drive screen turned completely red and then shut off in a min or so. It was really hot that day so maybe it overheated? It\'s working fine now. Anyone experienced something similar?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 12:38 AM   #2
e82n54
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i 6MT Alpine White

This just happened to me tonight. Exactly the same red screen after starting then it turned off. It was cold out and it was dark so it's not a heat problem. It came back to normal after several hours. Have you figured out what caused this?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Just to bring this back to life, I took my car to the dealership yesterday for this. Last time it happened, which was the first time, was about a 4 or so weeks ago. This time when it happened I took it straight to the dealer while it was still happening. They looked at it and said what could be the cause would be my phone I had paired up. Some thing like it would corrupt some thing, I really dont know as the Service person was relaying info from the Tech and he didn't seem really interested. He checked my phone to see if it was on the "authorized" list from BMW and it is, so this is just the 1st thing they are trying to see if it solves the problem.

I wont be able to test this out anymore as Im leaving for a year Sunday but I'll see what happens once I get back then. So far it seems that a phone could be the culprit.
Appreciate 0