07-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Garage List
1st in Line at Dealer and still NO Production Number

I am wondering if others are in the same position as I am. I am first in line with a deposit down at my dealership In Savannah, Georgia. It is a smaller dealership so I did expect to receive my allocation later than the bigger dealerships. I put my deposit down in Mid April and my CA told me that they had confirmed at least 1 allocation (mine), maybe 2. When I put my deposit down, I also filled out my specs sheet and he emailed me a copy of the spec'd order that he said was submitted to BMW.

Ever since then I have been bugging him about it and he says that my order is still in 047 status (not accepted by BMW just yet). He is unable to give me an estimated time or month of my allocation and obviously doesn't have a production number for me either. Should I be worried? I'm asking bc I follow this forum closely and it seems more and more ppl are either taking delivery or receiving their allocations now and my Dealer still has no word on their FIRST allocation....every dealer IS promised at least 1 car right??? Is anyone in this same situation?? Any information would be appreciated...thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
HERR FSTIR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2C, VO 1M, GSA 1200

Garage List
I am in the same situation: small dealer, low sales volume especially of 1 series and M cars. I don't expect to receive an allocation until September or October for a late 2011 build week in November or December.

I have asked my CA to contact their regional sales coordinator and determine which build month they have been assigned, however this has not yielded any result.

All I can say is if they drop the ball on this, the Porsche dealer is just down the street.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
Texas F1
1M Owner
Rep
Drives: Lotus Evora 410, BMW 1M, Z4

I'm in a somewhat similar situation--put a deposit down earlier this month on a November allocation through a Georgia dealership. I don't really expect to hear much until they get word of the actual production week. I'm hoping that since they have a deposit in hand and my order sheet that there is a chance it may get processed sooner, rather than later.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

Hang in there guys. I am also in a Small dealer location and was on the list for one of two cars for October and November, turns out I got my Allocation last month.

Others have actually received earlier than promised Allocations as well. To me the time to worry is if your dealer has received 2 or more cars and you are still waiting for yours. If you are first on the list and the dealer hasn't received a car yet I would say you are still in a very good position to be in.

Waiting sucks but it's worth it. Deposit in October last year for me.
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
desertfox73
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas F1 View Post
I'm in a somewhat similar situation--put a deposit down earlier this month on a November allocation through a Georgia dealership. I don't really expect to hear much until they get word of the actual production week. I'm hoping that since they have a deposit in hand and my order sheet that there is a chance it may get processed sooner, rather than later.
I remember calling this dealer just after you snapped it up; I thought it was a guarnateed allocation. You still don't have a production number?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redadair View Post
Hang in there guys. I am also in a Small dealer location and was on the list for one of two cars for October and November, turns out I got my Allocation last month.

Others have actually received earlier than promised Allocations as well. To me the time to worry is if your dealer has received 2 or more cars and you are still waiting for yours. If you are first on the list and the dealer hasn't received a car yet I would say you are still in a very good position to be in.

Waiting sucks but it's worth it. Deposit in October last year for me.
I really hope you are right. After I placed my deposit, I was dreading the estimated 2 month wait, but now I am dreading not being able to even get a car although I am first on the list. I don't mind the wait time anymore, I just want some sort of confirmation that I will get one before the end of production.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquedemon View Post
I really hope you are right. After I placed my deposit, I was dreading the estimated 2 month wait, but now I am dreading not being able to even get a car although I am first on the list. I don't mind the wait time anymore, I just want some sort of confirmation that I will get one before the end of production.
Your dealer should be able to contact their Regional Rep and get an estimated Month for their Allocations. I would suggest this to your CA.
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #8
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Your dealer should be able to contact their Regional Rep and get an estimated Month for their Allocations. I would suggest this to your CA.
i will suggest this when i contact him, thanks. btw, is every dealer guaranteed at least 1???
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #9
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquedemon View Post
i will suggest this when i contact him, thanks. btw, is every dealer guaranteed at least 1???
That's what BMW has said. They will be making the 1M through December, 5 months of production left they should be able to honor the at least 1 car per dealer even the small ones. There are ~332 dealers in the US with an estimated ~800 cars for the year.

However at the end of the day there are no Guarantees in life. I still think you are safe.

One last thing, do you have a Signed Agreement with your dealer? If not GET one!
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #10
analogue
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, iX

I wouldn't worry too much since you are first in line at your dealer - if you were #2 I would be looking at a backup plan. It was communicated awhile back that each dealer in the US would get at least 1 car.

I put my deposit down in October 2010 for the first spot at my small dealer, and after some pestering they confirmed an estimated production month of October 2011. I was relatively fortunate that they called me two weeks ago and said the car went from 047 to 111 status and I have my production number (still in 111 at this point).

Also, remember that the Leipzig plant is now on summer break until August 6th, so I wouldn't expect much to change with respect to production status or allocations in the next two weeks.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #11
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

I put a deposit down in November, also at a relatively small dealer, which made me first on the list. I just got a production number last week. The latest word is that it will be a Week 34 build. My dealer has 2 other deposits, but so far they are expecting that they'll only get one (luckily, mine).
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #12
1swift1
I pass gas for a living.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Same story here

Deposit in 10/2010. First in line at a small dealership in NV. Waiting, and more waiting. Dealership then determines that their allocation will occur in September 2011. Still waiting. And waiting.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 06:01 AM   #13
Texas F1
1M Owner
Rep
Drives: Lotus Evora 410, BMW 1M, Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
I remember calling this dealer just after you snapped it up; I thought it was a guarnateed allocation. You still don't have a production number?
No, but I'll follow up in early August just to touch base and get what information I can. It is a guaranteed allocation (assuming the factory doesn't burn down or something highly unusual occurs), so I am not concerned about it working out--just in the same waiting game as many others who have deposits down. On the plus side, the later it shows up, the more money I can save up.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #14
1978.530i
First Lieutenant
Rep

I'm #2 behind Torque in Savannah and I don't have a confirmed allocation at this time. Our dealer is sketchy on details. I hope he gets good news very soon!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #15
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's what BMW has said. They will be making the 1M through December, 5 months of production left they should be able to honor the at least 1 car per dealer even the small ones. There are ~332 dealers in the US with an estimated ~800 cars for the year.

However at the end of the day there are no Guarantees in life. I still think you are safe.

One last thing, do you have a Signed Agreement with your dealer? If not GET one!
I don't have a specifically signed agreement which states that they are required to produce a 1M allocation for me however, when I placed my deposit and filled out my specs sheet, I did sign papers confirming a PCD delivery and copies of my licence and insurance information was taken (giving me semi confirmation that they weren't taking my deposit on an allocation they weren't even sure about) but still, I will try and get a written confirmation as you suggested.....

Thanks 1978.530i....I hope I hear something soon and furthermore, I hope they come through with a second allocation for you
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #16
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

I feel the pain...I'm literally next in line (cars 1 and 2 have been delivered, car 3 is mine) so I should be getting a phone call sometime soon with some news...but this process is rather frustrating!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #17
!mspinster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 1M

it's not even August. Just be patient it will come.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 10:39 PM   #18
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by !mspinster View Post
it's not even August. Just be patient it will come.
lol thanks, i needed that
Appreciate 0