BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
KHN5448
D-POWER
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Current - BMW 330D

How Long Did It take for your 1er after its started being built????

Hi Guys Iv Just heard from my dealer that my car has just started being built in the factory does anyone know how long it takes to be built den shipped I was told end of july early august?? I was told wen i ordered in may around the13th it would be 10 weeks but changes depending on models has anyone else ordered a diesel and how long did it take?? Iv heard sometimes if you order a higher spec it takes longer.

I Ordered a 120d M Sport Auto coupe in Vermillion Red with Bostan Red Leathers and light walnut wood( I went for abit of a daring trim iv had alot of BMz N thot might aswell with
*Xenonz( cant live without them now since my 330d has em on) Must Have
*Elec Sunroof
*Harmon kardon Speakers
* Folding auto dim mirrors
*Sat Nav Pro HU With Internet and bluetooth
* USB Port(cant believe this does not come standard with the sat nav)
* Comfort Package ( extended storage, PDC Front n rear, Rain n headlight sensor, Cruise control
* Gearshift paddles on steering wheel
* servotronic steering
*18" 261M ( the 17" just looked way too ugly this is not an option but a must)
* high gloss shadowline with anthracite headlining and extended light package
* and the usual M Sport additions body kit door seals sport seats etc..

I didnt get heated seats or electrics Should I have??? the thing putting me off is i can pay the price but didnt really see it as worth it+adds alot of weight to the car. Is there anything in the spec i missed out now that my build is starting in the factory i cant take anything off but i can add.

I also Order BMWP Black front Grill and BMWP alluminium strut brace and foot pedals. Im Also Thinking of getting the BMWP Engine Kit for da 120d makes it near enough a 123d spec but without the shorter gear ratio that alot of people complain about. also Iv seen bmw show off the 120d in bmwp kit with exhaust does anyone know if or when they will the selling it or has that been scrapped.

nd I KNOW PEOPLE WILL BE THINKING OF THE COLOUR BUT THINK ABOUT IT WOMEN R JUST LIKE BULLS THEYL SEE ALL THE RED AND COME CHARGING TOWARDS ME LOL. PLZ PLZ Anyone who ordered a diesel get back to me.

Last edited by KHN5448; 06-30-2011 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: adding correct word
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
AlpineVert
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i vert

May 04 - place order with dealer for 2012 135i convertible.
May 11 - production number rec'd from my CA
May 19 - start of production
May 28 - production complete
May 29 - awaiting a shipping vessel
Jun 06 - on shipping vessel
Jun 20 - arrive at preparation center
Jun 23 - leave preparation center
Jun 27 - arrive at dealer
Jun 29 - take delivery
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
amancuso
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330it, 428ix, 430i

No diesels here in the USA (mostly USA members here) Also i would imagine shipping time is a lot less to the UK.
      06-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

I would get heated seats! I took delivery of my US spec car here in Germany thru MCS. The car was built about 14 days after my order was sent in. The car was here a week later. Three weeks later I took delivery.

I would think you will have your car soon. Hase your car even been built yet? What has your dealer/sales person told you?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
KHN5448
D-POWER
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Current - BMW 330D

yeh he told me yesterday that the factory had started the build on the car so wanted to know how long would it take before i get it, im in the uk so it shouldnt take too long to get to my dealer so wanted to know how much longer i had to wait im hoping 3 weeks. iv put it for heated seats lol
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
mackeroni
Former Opel GT Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, AW, CR, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHN5448 View Post
Hi Guys Iv Just heard from my dealer that my car has just started being built in the factory does anyone know how long it takes to be built den shipped I was told end of july early august??

I didnt get heated seats or electrics Should I have??? the thing putting me off is i can pay the price but didnt really see it as worth it+adds alot of weight to the car. Is there anything in the spec i missed out now that my build is starting in the factory i cant take anything off but i can add.
It takes longer than BMW has the right to make us wait. Thought I would chew off my own arm, it took so long.

I got electric seats... use them every day. I am not young and spry anymore, so I like to use the memory buttons to help me get in and out.

I also got heated seats... my wife's favorite feature. She loves them! It was a no-brainer for me. I have had a heated seat on my motorcycle for a few years now and would not ride without one.

Thought you should know.
So, that's it. I am doomed. There is no patch, no methadone, no substitute. Curse you BMW. Curse you and your seamless power delivery. Curse the incredible sense of road feel. Curse the comfort, the luxury, the envious looks from the masses. I am... hopelessly addicted.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 08:27 PM   #7
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
20 days from papers signed to keys in-hand, caught the last build slot for April last year. But I was already in Germany so I didnt have to wait for it to get shipped over to the States.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 01:49 AM   #8
gideonaf
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2012 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineVert View Post
May 04 - place order with dealer for 2012 135i convertible.
May 11 - production number rec'd from my CA
May 19 - start of production
May 28 - production complete
May 29 - awaiting a shipping vessel
Jun 06 - on shipping vessel
Jun 20 - arrive at preparation center
Jun 23 - leave preparation center
Jun 27 - arrive at dealer
Jun 29 - take delivery
R u serious? I ordered my 128 convertible the same day and mine starts production next week with expected delivery 29 jul. Did u know someone at the dealership (or factory). Nit trying to hate or anything. The wait is killing me though.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 01:51 AM   #9
gideonaf
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2012 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I would get heated seats! I took delivery of my US spec car here in Germany thru MCS. The car was built about 14 days after my order was sent in. The car was here a week later. Three weeks later I took delivery.

I would think you will have your car soon. Hase your car even been built yet? What has your dealer/sales person told you?
I also ordered mine thru MCS in aviano. Taking for ever!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 02:02 AM   #10
tankus
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHN5448 View Post
yeh he told me yesterday that the factory had started the build on the car so wanted to know how long would it take before i get it, im in the uk so it shouldnt take too long to get to my dealer so wanted to know how much longer i had to wait im hoping 3 weeks. iv put it for heated seats lol
enjoy putting petrol in it! (im a ex pat living i the states so i like to run it in from time to time : ) )
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #11
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

I ordered mine Mid november and took her home December 23rd. Was a wait time of about 6 weeks total.