BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
BrodieTS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i SGM

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Software Version and Servicing

I'm taking my 135i with Dinan Stage II in for the pre-tensioner recall, oil change and an e-brake issue this weekend. When setting up the appointment, I requested that they do not re-flash the ECU. Is there a way for me to check what software version I am currently running so that I can make sure it isn't tampered with?

The reason I requested this is because the advisor informed me they would need to re-flash with the "new version" Dinan Stage II which is less powerful than the original I am running. I have also been reading on the forum that the new base software version causes a slower throttle response which the advisor confirmed for me. I'd like to keep my existing set up since it's currently precision tuned perfection IMO.

I have seen a few posts in the past about accessing a diagnostic menu but no one was able to confirm if the software version is visible or accurate based on what they flash.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Appreciate 0