BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 01 M5, 23 X5 45e

1M Coupe Euro Delivery for US Buyers

I was at dealer today, my Customer Advisor has confirmed with BMWNA HQ that the Euro Delivery 7% discount will be available for US buyers

I will do Euro Delivery and PCD

There is not any info on options,packages or pricing yet. That will come with 1st allocations around Feb 1st.

BTW-he also gave me an 8 sided fold out "The All-New 1 Series M Coupe" brochure. A lot of same pictures and info as on M-power website.

Last edited by 21450; 01-25-2011 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: additional info
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
ES BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

That's the best way to take delivery of a new BMW! (especially this one)

Did they mention anything about ED orders coming out of the dealer's allocation of cars? No one seems to know anything about that yet.
      01-25-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
analogue
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, iX

Yeah, I really need to know if these are coming out of dealer allocations. Right now my dealer is saying they will only offer me a 3% discount if the car comes out of their allocation.

On a side note, does the dealer even have the right to do that? If BMW NA says it's 7% for ED, but they still come out of dealer allocations, is the dealer required to apply the discount?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Im guessing if they give the discount then its not coming out of dealer allocations... you cant force to dealer to give up allocation and give the discount.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogue View Post
Yeah, I really need to know if these are coming out of dealer allocations. Right now my dealer is saying they will only offer me a 3% discount if the car comes out of their allocation.

On a side note, does the dealer even have the right to do that? If BMW NA says it's 7% for ED, but they still come out of dealer allocations, is the dealer required to apply the discount?
I'd like to know more about this as well. I've been emailing a local dealer, but he has not confirmed pricing or ED availability. I don't want to mess with putting down a deposit if I can't at least count on the 7%.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by My E90 View Post
That's the best way to take delivery of a new BMW! (especially this one)

Did they mention anything about ED orders coming out of the dealer's allocation of cars? No one seems to know anything about that yet.
I asked him and he seemed to think yes, but not absolutely sure. He said he would have to get a production number before he could request a Euro delivery date. So maybe if it didn't come out of their allocation he could request that now?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 12:57 PM   #7
Franklin Joseph
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Which local dealer are you working with?
My deposit is with Advantage Midtown. If same, i'll call my salesguy about it too.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #8
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Joseph View Post
Which local dealer are you working with?
My deposit is with Advantage Midtown. If same, i'll call my salesguy about it too.
BMW of Houston North, Your salesguy can call BMWNA HQ to confirm.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21450 View Post
I was at dealer today, my Customer Advisor has confirmed with BMWNA HQ that the Euro Delivery 7% discount will be available for US buyers

There is not any info on options,packages or pricing yet. That will come with 1st allocations around Feb 1st.

BTW-he also gave me an 8 sided fold out "The All-New 1 Series M Coupe" brochure. A lot of same pictures and info as on M-power website.
Is this 7% off the invoice or 7% off of total MSRP? I think normally it is about 7% off US invoice. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #10
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchrism5 View Post
Is this 7% off the invoice or 7% off of total MSRP? I think normally it is about 7% off US invoice. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
From what I understand, Euro Delivery MSRP is 7% less than U.S. MSRP. invoice prices are those same minus 7%
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #11
turbomzi
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M

That's awesome, It was going to be deal breaker for me if they didn't do the ED special pricing... This means potentially up to 12-14% off MSRP if you buy at invoice + $some...

Anyone has any ideas where the residual and money factor will sit?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #12
NihonX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

BMW of San Francisco told me that the 1M doesn't have it's own ED allocation and said I had to wait until they receive their two 1Ms if I wanted to get one but on a first-come, first-served basis.

I'm not going to fight for a car that is over MSRP. They said it'll be a few thousand over because of the demand.

I sent emails to a few dealerships around California but wanted to know if I could just contact a dealer from another state and do ED and PDC with them? I'm sort of new at this.
      01-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #13
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonX View Post
BMW of San Francisco told me that the 1M doesn't have it's own ED allocation and said I had to wait until they receive their two 1Ms if I wanted to get one but on a first-come, first-served basis.

I'm not going to fight for a car that is over MSRP. They said it'll be a few thousand over because of the demand.
Wow, disappointing. No way I'll pay above MSRP either, and if I'm going to pay this much for a car, I'm going to order it to my spec, not be at the mercy of whatever the dealer decides (includes color too).

If I can't get one, I will just wait and do ED for an F30 or F32 next year.

Quote:
I sent emails to a few dealerships around California but wanted to know if I could just contact a dealer from another state and do ED and PDC with them? I'm sort of new at this.
I'd be interested in the same...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #14
Blackfield
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:

Are you still negotiating with your dealer?
If they already offered you 7% discount, I wonder if the dealer knows that the ED is not coming out of their allocation.

If I am not mistaken, PDC delivery means that you have to arrange the transportation (drive it yourself/shipping) back to your hometown. Is this correct?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #15
NihonX
Captain
United_States
Rep

I was just contacted by a SoCal dealer and said he can do European Delivery but at ED MSRP. Anyone else have a better deal?

7% isn't that bad but wanted to know my options if someone can do better.
      01-25-2011, 06:50 PM   #16
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfield View Post
Are you still negotiating with your dealer?
If they already offered you 7% discount, I wonder if the dealer knows that the ED is not coming out of their allocation.

If I am not mistaken, PDC delivery means that you have to arrange the transportation (drive it yourself/shipping) back to your hometown. Is this correct?
I was told that it will come out of their allocation. Have you heard different? I am still waiting for the dealer to get an allocation to order my car which should be around Feb. 1st. I will get the 7% Euro delivery discount off U.S. msrp. Right now they are not receptive to any additional discount. As I mentioned earlier, they still do not have options or pricing.

On PCD, yes you have to provide a way there and drive the car back to your home. I have heard you can pay the $875 shipping charge to have it shipped back to your dealer, but I don't know anyone that has done that.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #17
NihonX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Who do I talk to about having it sent to the PDC so I don't have to wait for shipment to the west coast?
It wouldn't be the first time I drove across America.
      01-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #18
Blackfield
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
I was told that it will come out of their allocation. Have you heard different? I am still waiting for the dealer to get an allocation to order my car which should be around Feb. 1st. I will get the 7% Euro delivery discount off U.S. msrp. Right now they are not receptive to any additional discount. As I mentioned earlier, they still do not have options or pricing.

On PCD, yes you have to provide a way there and drive the car back to your home. I have heard you can pay the $875 shipping charge to have it shipped back to your dealer, but I don't know anyone that has done that.
No, I have not heard otherwise.
I was just thinking that by offering you 7% discount, the dealer won't make a lot of money if the car is coming from their allocation. From my experience dealing with BMW dealers in Houston, they are notorious for offering very little discount.
Thus, it makes more sense if the car is not coming out of the dealer allocation so they can make 7% profit.
Of course, this is purely a speculation on my part.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #19
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Who do I talk to about having it sent to the PDC so I don't have to wait for shipment to the west coast?
It wouldn't be the first time I drove across America.
Your dealer/sales advisor can arrange that for you.

I am just curious if the 1M will require a 1200 mile service like all other M cars?
That would be somewhere on the road for you.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #20
CJF
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White machine

This is all speculation. Do we know when BMWNA will make an announcement in regards to ED and if it will come from dealer allocation?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #21
Kurt_OH
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

Re: PCD. Yea, you have to get to SC, and then they give you your car. How it gets to wherever you want it to be, CA for example, is up to you.

Nonetheless, PCD is a LOT OF FUN. Do it, if you can.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 10:23 PM   #22
PyratOne
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Not an M1!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
This is all speculation. Do we know when BMWNA will make an announcement in regards to ED and if it will come from dealer allocation?

Well, you can do ED. Thats been released. What hasnt been released is the allocation issue. A much more important factor in my mind. Allocation could be the difference between driving bliss in Germany at a great value vs. overpaying and (probably) not worth it, IMO.

I heard from my contact 'the end of Jan' - is when allocations will be determined. I read on the board somehwere early Feb - so it appears soon
Appreciate 0