BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

08-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Urus, 958.2 TTS, 997 S

For those of you who've had/experienced both RE and UUC SSK, Which & Why?

I'm looking for comparisons as opposed to one sided praises of people here that have either products. I've felt both ssk's but only for a very short period.

Is one actually better (More reliable, easier on the synchros, no gear grinding, etc.) than another? Or are they both made well but offer different kind of preference in feel.

I've read countless threads of the UUC + DSSR problems with the slop but every UUC + DSSR setup I've experienced didn't have any of the slop or grinding/feel problems. And yes they both had the DSSR.

My assumptions are exactly this; the location of the Gates on the UUC + DSSR have better spacing (the gates feel more spread out and harder to get into the wrong gear) but doesn't feel as clean when engaging into a gear like the Rogue Kit. RE's kit feels like the gates are closer together and found myself questioning if I was in 2nd or 4th gear a few times. I felt that the notch wasn't much different but if anything the Rogue was slightly more notchier but cleaner shifting.

Point me in the right direction guys. I'm all ears at this point and can't really seem to feel like one is "better" than the other. However, both the SSK's do feel completely different from one another.

Discuss!
      08-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by a burrito View Post
UUC kit doesn't feel as clean when engaging into a gear like the Rogue Kit.
Discuss!
This. I myself have been driving with the UUC +DSSR SSK for about 6 months now and when I test drove my friend's car with the RE kit, I immediately felt the difference. The RE kit definitely a superior kit as it is give more a smoother and more precise shift.

If I have to do it all again, I would pick RE over UUC + DSSR.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

I don`t know about the Rogue as I`ve never tried one, but I have the UUC+DSSR (modified to eliminate slop) and I don`t have any problems with it. It is a bit notchy but in a good way and the gears are very precise.

Let me know if you want a UUC SSK (without DSSR) as I have one sitting in my closet and will give it to you for very cheap as it`s just sitting there!
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0