BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-28-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
Raine
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E82, '04 E60

Should I pay for my retint?

Hi all,

So I recently had my car tinted with LLUMAR CTX 30. However...the tint looks purple when viewed at a distance. I was shown a sample of the tint prior to the tinting and it did look sort of purple, but I approved of it anyways because the tinter said it would look "better" after it was on.

I brought the car back and the owner agreed with me that the tint looked horrible (way too purple). He said they would retint my car next week. When I asked if I would have to pay for the retint, he said "we will figure it out then".

The problem is, should I pay for the retint? Or just the labor? Or none at all? Because I was shown a sample of the tint and I did approve of it, despite looking purple-ish...
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
ronster
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine View Post
Hi all,

So I recently had my car tinted with LLUMAR CTX 30. However...the tint looks purple when viewed at a distance. I was shown a sample of the tint prior to the tinting and it did look sort of purple, but I approved of it anyways because the tinter said it would look "better" after it was on.

I brought the car back and the owner agreed with me that the tint looked horrible (way too purple). He said they would retint my car next week. When I asked if I would have to pay for the retint, he said "we will figure it out then".

The problem is, should I pay for the retint? Or just the labor? Or none at all? Because I was shown a sample of the tint and I did approve of it, despite looking purple-ish...
Do you have Corel Red interior? Sometimes the interior color affects the tint color?

Take a look at this guy...

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=26

He has the same tint CTX 30 but he has beige interior and the tint didn't look purple at all...

Anyway... let see how much he charges you... he might retint it for free... if not, i would say 50/50 split...
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
Addict...Nah Im A Junkie!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 135i, 98 M rdstr

If you hadn't seen a sample, then I would say the installer should take the hit. Since you approved, but the tinter said it "would look better", I would go with a 50/50 split.
      07-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #4
Raine
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E82, '04 E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronster View Post
Do you have Corel Red interior? Sometimes the interior color affects the tint color?

Take a look at this guy...

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=26

He has the same tint CTX 30 but he has beige interior and the tint didn't look purple at all...

Anyway... let see how much he charges you... he might retint it for free... if not, i would say 50/50 split...
Yep! I have AW on Coral Red.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
rsjean
satch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

A 50/50 split at cost. You should not have to split at regular price. This based on the fact that even in his opinion it is not the result he sold you.

"The Dingo ate your Mustang"
Appreciate 0