BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

07-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
M3 FRANCE
France
Rep
Drives: M3E92

Xpipe fabspeed

Hello

Saddened for the translation, I am FRENCH.

I understand not the explanations on the site, concerning Xpipe FABSPEED for M3 E92.

HE(IT) it to Xpipe FABSPEED, with resonator and the other one without resonator.

Which model will be better to put with an exhaust VANGUARDE.

Thank you for your help(assistant);
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Unless specially designed in a different manner, like the Akrapolvic, all the X-pipes should be able to mate with all the axle-backs without much difficulty.

If there is a lot of difficulty in connecting the two, then usually it's the work of a defect. I personally had problems connecting the Riss Racing X-pipe to the Agency Power axle-back. Turns out that both had fitment issues.

If you get Fabspeed or Gintani or AA, it should connect with little difficulty.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
ium3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

From what i know, the fabspeed x-pipe only comes with the resonators now. They no longer offer those without the resonator.

I have the vanguard exhaust, and i pair it with the fabspeed x-pipe and it definitely sounds mean, you can check my video on youtube. You can't go wrong with this set up
      07-07-2010, 07:16 AM   #4
M3 FRANCE
France
Rep
Drives: M3E92

VANGUARDE en VORSTEINER en FABSPEED xpipe

Hello

One thank you for your answers.
I have more information at home than by FRANCE.
Francais is afraid of regulations on the road and They make no modification.: Cry:

I think of buying an exhaust VANGUARDE with a xpipe FABSPEED.
But I wait for VORSTEINER for the exit(release) of its TYPE 2.

I again have to choose between VANGUARDE and VORSTEINER??

This material(equipment) is not in France and I has to find a salesman for an expedition in FRANCE;difficult!!!!

Still thank you

Last edited by M3 FRANCE; 07-07-2010 at 07:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #5
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 FRANCE View Post
Hello

Saddened for the translation, I am FRENCH.

I understand not the explanations on the site, concerning Xpipe FABSPEED for M3 E92.

HE(IT) it to Xpipe FABSPEED, with resonator and the other one without resonator.

Which model will be better to put with an exhaust VANGUARDE.

Thank you for your help(assistant);

We have a few customers in France that we've assisted with this exact piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ium3 View Post
From what i know, the fabspeed x-pipe only comes with the resonators now. They no longer offer those without the resonator.

I have the vanguard exhaust, and i pair it with the fabspeed x-pipe and it definitely sounds mean, you can check my video on youtube. You can't go wrong with this set up

Fabspeed only offers the X-Pipe with the resonators now. They've done this ensure a nice sound without any harsh resonance.

They sound great paired with a whole variety of aftermarket exhaust systems.

You have a PM!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #6
InspireSiR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 E92

Edward: Any opinions on the Fabspeed x-pipe versus the Challenge x-pipe (street version)?

It looks like both these x-pipes don't have the secondary cats but have the resonators.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspireSiR View Post
Edward: Any opinions on the Fabspeed x-pipe versus the Challenge x-pipe (street version)?

It looks like both these x-pipes don't have the secondary cats but have the resonators.

I haven't checked out the Challenge pieces, but the Fabspeed products (just like their Porsche line) are absolutely top notch when it comes to materials and craftsmanship.

You can't go wrong with the Fabspeed X-Pipe. They make any exhaust sound delicious!

[u2b]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l7zhqkcjBnE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l7zhqkcjBnE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #8
ryan@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Active Autowerke X Pipe with High Flow Cats

The Active Autowerke Signature X Pipe with optional High Flow Cats.

With 29 years of BMW experience, Active Autowerke has developed an X Pipe for the E9X(2008 on ) M3 that creates 12 rear wheel horsepower and 8 ft lbs of torque. If you have any questions on this feel free to PM me.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #9
GBX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997.1 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s II View Post
I haven't checked out the Challenge pieces, but the Fabspeed products (just like their Porsche line) are absolutely top notch when it comes to materials and craftsmanship.

You can't go wrong with the Fabspeed X-Pipe. They make any exhaust sound delicious!

[u2b]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l7zhqkcjBnE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l7zhqkcjBnE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/u2b]
is this video with x-pipe only or with thier HFC's as well? Where do you see the larger gains when looking at them seperately?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #10
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

^^^

That video of the E92 M3 is with just their X-pipe installed. With HFCs, the car sounds like a Le Mans prototype car coming down the straights!

The HFCs replace the OE cats with 200-cell Sport Catalysts. You'll definitely have more gains with the Sport Cat setup over just X-pipe.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 03:59 PM   #11
InspireSiR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 E92

My first choice would be to run without primary cats, but all these issues I read with CEL's make it not worth the hassle for me. (From what I hear, the car needs to be driven a lot just to clear the CEL from the ECU's history).

I figure the best compromise would be to keep the primary cats and get a Fabspeed or AA x-pipe which don't have the secondary cats. Before inspection, I'd switch the x-pipe back to stock and the tester would never know the difference.

Any holes in this logic?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 04:04 PM   #12
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspireSiR View Post
My first choice would be to run without primary cats, but all these issues I read with CEL's make it not worth the hassle for me. (From what I hear, the car needs to be driven a lot just to clear the CEL from the ECU's history).

I figure the best compromise would be to keep the primary cats and get a Fabspeed or AA x-pipe which don't have the secondary cats. Before inspection, I'd switch the x-pipe back to stock and the tester would never know the difference.

Any holes in this logic?
Nope....that's what a lot of guys are doing here in Cali!

We have the Smog Nazis here!
Appreciate 0