BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 F82 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
M3 Wheel Refurb

I was stupidly not paying attention but managed to scuff my rear wheel. First alloy I've done since 2004

I've got a spare rear wheel to swap on to but just wondered if anyone had their 19s refurbed?

On the old M3 getting them refurbed was non-trivial and many people who had them done ended up with the laquer fading because of the silver finish.

Anyone had them done?

Neil.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 06:06 AM   #2
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McRae View Post
I was stupidly not paying attention but managed to scuff my rear wheel. First alloy I've done since 2004

I've got a spare rear wheel to swap on to but just wondered if anyone had their 19s refurbed?

On the old M3 getting them refurbed was non-trivial and many people who had them done ended up with the laquer fading because of the silver finish.

Anyone had them done?

Neil.
I think BMW does it for about £70
Or I know a few places around here.
You could also call a guy called Dan who will come to you. 07939594008
Explain whats wrong with your wheel first as im not sure wether he could do it or not. He did mine but as you know mine are gloss black.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 06:21 AM   #3
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E350 CDI Sport Cabriolet

Quote:

Anyone had them done?

Neil.
Yes mate they will come up fine, make sure they can do diamond cut finishing whoever you go to.

Do you not fancy a change of finish say gun metal grey or a satin black?

Marcus
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
Flapps
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 Vert, Silverstone II DCT.

Think I may be joining you, as I seem to have accumilated one or two little scrapes, much to my annoyance

Flapps

Quote:

Anyone had them done?

Neil.
      03-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
alpina527
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT JZB/FR

The best option is to just get the outer edge re machined and polished. This only involves the first 7mm, so the centre spokes remain untouched.

The re machined portion can be masked and lacquered for an almost invisible repair.
Appreciate 0