BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

10-23-2009, 08:54 AM   #1
euro
Grand Am Timing Official
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 2018 Ford Raptor

Clicking Noise under hard cornering from front wheels

Im getting a clicking noise when cornering fairly agressive from medium speeds and up. If you can roll the windows down and not apply any throttle mid corner and just listen you hear clicks coming from the wheels on both sides of the car.

Its a pattern, not a random click, click, pause, click click click.

its a steady clicking 'ticking' sound that is related to speed same noise from both front wheels.

Anybody else?
      10-31-2009, 01:45 AM   #2
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Well I dont know, it might be pretty nooby to say this but. The same thing was happening to me in the Cayenne. I would be driving and would not hear anything, but then i would turn agressively and I would hear this clicking sound coming from the right bottom side of the car. Porsche just installed new tires on the rims so they must have taking the rims off the car. I got home and noticed that the rims was actually hitting against the brakes. Quite scary thinking about it, driving with a loose wheel but maybe give that a shot.

In the M3 i havent had any problems persists such that you have.

Thats my $.000002
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Sounds like your brake rotor covers buddy (behind the rotors; you can see them thru the wheels); they apparently deform under hard cornering. There's a TSB (or ISB in BMW parlance?) for that. The problematic ones are silver in color. The improved ones are black. Forgot when they were replaced by the factory, but a quick glance at your wheels should tell you. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0