BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

10-06-2009, 04:24 AM   #1
Mr. O
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

help regarding ED pick-up....

New here and in need of some info please. I am scheduled to pick up my car on October 15th at Welt. So here are my questions; (I did search)

When and where do you get the extra car insurance for extended stay in Europe?

And more importantly, I am not in the US to recieve any of the documents or packages that ED sends you. My SA sent the forms(power of attorney, agreement to ship the car back, etc.), via UPS to me in Mexico, I needed to sign and return them to the ED center in NJ, which I did. Are there any important things contained in the stuff ED sends to your house? They gave me a pick-up time in the documents that my SA sent me, but beyond that I have no informantion on what I may have to do.
I don't want to show up in Munich and have them tell me I can't pick up the car or I am missing something.

Also contained on one of the forms I needed to sign and return was something about winter tires being required in Germany after Oct 15th. I am guessing this is only if it is snowing or something.

I could always call my SA but he never seems to know what he is talking about. Nice guy though.

Any info would be appreciated!!!! Thanks in advanced.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 05:10 AM   #2
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 353k+ miles

Extra insurance/registration is provided through BMW for an additional fee and must be arranged prior to the date you take delivery.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. O View Post
Also contained on one of the forms I needed to sign and return was something about winter tires being required in Germany after Oct 15th. I am guessing this is only if it is snowing or something.
They set the date for October 15th, but the true concern comes with actual snow, which should not be around for at least another month after that date, unless you are heading into the Alps.

You can be fined for impeding traffic flow if your non-winter tires are causing you to travel at lesser speed than average traffic flow and they would look at assessing fault in accident more critically if your tires were the judged to be the cause in adverse conditions.

I will run my M3 until the end of October, or so, on the PS2s, and I live about 2 hours north of Munich.

Hope that this helps!
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #4
Mr. O
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmmurf View Post
Extra insurance/registration is provided through BMW for an additional fee and must be arranged prior to the date you take delivery.
Thank you! But prior when? It is already the 6th and I need to be there next week. Do I get it in Germany the day I pick it up? or do I need to arrange it now? This is my problem.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
Mr. O
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteome View Post
They set the date for October 15th, but the true concern comes with actual snow, which should not be around for at least another month after that date, unless you are heading into the Alps.

You can be fined for impeding traffic flow if your non-winter tires are causing you to travel at lesser speed than average traffic flow and they would look at assessing fault in accident more critically if your tires were the judged to be the cause in adverse conditions.

I will run my M3 until the end of October, or so, on the PS2s, and I live about 2 hours north of Munich.

Hope that this helps!
yes that helps, thank you.
I actually was planning to head from Munich to Zurich and I wanted to see the Stelvio pass. After that over to Marseille, Monaco, Milan, then go up to Salzburg, Vienna, Berlin and finally Bremerhaven. Bad plan for that time of year? I kind of felt it was late for this, but the 15th of October was the earliest my dealer could get me. I wanted the beginning of September! I planned to stay until Christmas but if there is snow everywhere I will probably go home earlier. I REALLY wanted to see that Alps but I guess if there is snow I will avoid them. Damn it.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 06:12 PM   #6
dvn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 C63 Coupe

The 15th is the first day available for Euro Delivery of MY 2010 M3s so you'll be one of the first to take ED delivery.

My relatives in the Frankfurt area say snow is not a concern for October unless you will be in the Alps.
Appreciate 0