BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-27-2009, 06:26 AM   #1
dugie
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 128i

alignment.

Has anyone in Canada had an alignment done yet? I am being told that the 1 as well as other models have to be pre loaded with weight to meet the correct ride heights before they can be aligned properly. Can anyone confirm this?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Check your post from yesterday. Are you planning to do this yourself? Your dealer will know the correct procedure. I hope you are not going to take it to Fred's Frame & Alignment Shop on Main Street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugie
I have heard that in order for BMW to do a "proper" alignment on vehicles it is required that there be certain weights added to certain parts of the car such as a certain weight in the drivers seat, certain weight in the passengers seat etc... Can anyone tell me any more info?

From aerobod:
The car needs to be loaded to the correct ride height, but I don't have the spec for the 1-series. Most 4-door BMWs need 68kg on the drivers seat, 68kg on the passenger seat, 68kg in the middle of the back seat, 21kg in the middle of the trunk and a full fuel tank to reach the correct ride height.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #3
dugie
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 128i

Thanks Lester, I have contacted my local dealer and they inform me they take it to the Audi dealership down the road as they have an alignment bay and know the proper procedures to do it. Thanks to all for your input.
Appreciate 0