BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #1
malloy44
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Order time for 135

So I'm ready to pick up a 135i but there isn't the exact one I want in Canada. I want a base 135 with msport and nothing else (maybe premium sound). My SA showed me on their computer system that there wasn't a single one with those specs left for sale in Canada at any dealership. He said ordering time would be minumum 3 months, probably 4. I trust him with these things but wanted to check to see how others have done with ordering time? My other option is to take a great deal from the lot, they have a 135i with only boston leather as an option. It's alpine white on coral red. Wicked combo but not the msport. If the non sport seats aren't brutal then I can live with it. Just want some feedback from the canadian people! Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 06:30 AM   #2
e82vette
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

get msport for sure.... no sport seat, you will hate it whenever you see/seat on it
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
amiller212
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue 135i

Yep totally agree. At the very least, get the sport seats as a seperate option. I ordered a car in August that is very similar to what you want. I got:

Le Mans Blue
6 MT
M-sport
USB/IPOD connectivity
Active steering

Three to four months is a long wait but it'll be worth it!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 07:56 PM   #4
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Do not not get the sport seats. They are important. Everything else you don't need (unless you want power sport seats, but you'll need the comfort package, thank you BMW [sarcasm])
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 02:01 AM   #5
afuiw
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloy44 View Post
So I'm ready to pick up a 135i but there isn't the exact one I want in Canada. I want a base 135 with msport and nothing else (maybe premium sound). My SA showed me on their computer system that there wasn't a single one with those specs left for sale in Canada at any dealership. He said ordering time would be minumum 3 months, probably 4. I trust him with these things but wanted to check to see how others have done with ordering time? My other option is to take a great deal from the lot, they have a 135i with only boston leather as an option. It's alpine white on coral red. Wicked combo but not the msport. If the non sport seats aren't brutal then I can live with it. Just want some feedback from the canadian people! Thanks.
If you are keeping the car for a while, don't sacrifice and get the car you want. Agreed about the sport seats being a "must have".

I believe a build time of 4 months is the typical worst case scenario. The best case scenario is to take a car that is about to enter production and change its options to what you want -- I believe this reduces the wait time by at least a month. Different dealers have different build slots so it may be worthwhile to try another dealer.
Appreciate 0