BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
marvenmassey
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '2011 AW CR DCT 135

135 Have to purchase Premium Pack?

Hey Guys,
I more of lurker than a poster, more b/c I dont have a 135 yet

I've waited for the new iDrive for so long. So I've been building the 135 online. However the site tells me I HAVE to select the Premium Pack? I had this verified by a CA on this site..I dont need the Premium Pack but want the iDrive. I mean like WTF? That's an extra $3800! I dont need a Heated Steering Wheel, Glass Sunroof or Boston Leather . I went to BMWUSA and I didnt have to do that! I mean not only are we paying wayyyy more in Canada, now we cannot build the car like we like it. BMWUSA allows you to select and deselect EACH and every option. This sucks..the $3800 is almost the differance between the 128 and 135.

OK, rant over..I guess I'll have to decide

Comments and opinions welcome..

M.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
e82vette
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Yeah... that's why I didnt get navi as well, premium package needs to be selected along with it.. that sucks
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #3
ichiban
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

There's no way to get the navi without it? That sucks major ass. Maybe you can work out a good price for a 1 already on the lot.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 08:07 AM   #4
marvenmassey
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
There's no way to get the navi without it? That sucks major ass. Maybe you can work out a good price for a 1 already on the lot.

That's what i'm thinking..I kind of wanted to order brand new...but this may change my mind..

I am willing to swallow the price differance between Canada and the US, but this is just stupid...

M.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #5
EngPhys09
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 128i SRM

I was interest in the M-Sport 128i in the states vs 128i Sport in Canada.
But if you look at the US cars, they have to pay for headed wind shield jets, heated seats, they need to add a cold weather pack.

I guess its the way it works. Go to the States buy the car there and take delivery in Germany
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
marvenmassey
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngPhys09 View Post
I was interest in the M-Sport 128i in the states vs 128i Sport in Canada.
But if you look at the US cars, they have to pay for headed wind shield jets, heated seats, they need to add a cold weather pack.

I guess its the way it works. Go to the States buy the car there and take delivery in Germany
Regardless, they get a MUCH better price..If live you in Canada you cannot do a ED, you have to be a US resident. Not to mention the number of hoops you have to jump through to bring the car into Canada. BMW has made it so after all is said and done it comes very close to the same cost if bought in Canada..buying a used 135 may be the answer..

Next to the US we have the best prices worldwide..I just dont like that we have to purchase two options just to get Navi..In Europe they can build the car however they want..we recently just got the option for MSport kit..EUROPE has had this for a long time..

M.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #7
digimate
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: Jet 135i, Lemon & Poplar

It gets better!!

Hey,

I just ordered my 135 from BMW Toronto.

Pretty much same issue.

Premium package includes boston leather, heated steering wheel, sunroof and bluetooth.

If you're getting the M package, and you get the premium package, your premium package won't include a heated steering wheel - even though it's listed there and built into the price!!! I also didn't want the bluetooth since it nevers sounds right anyway... So, i didn't want or couldn't get 2 out of the 4 things included in package

So, knowing that, I tried to build my car around the M package with the seperate options of boston leather and sunroof. Still worked out cheaper.

Dealer was allowed to put in the order.

A month later BMW calls and says, sorry, we've rejected your build because YOU HAVE TO GET THE PREMIUM PACKAGE to get the leather and sunroof.

Total BS. It's available seperately on the website and on the dealer's computer system...

So... with a month's delay, i had to pony up the extra cash and pay for the heated steering wheel - which i can't get and the bluetooth - which i don't want.

Not impressed.

Called BMW to complain and waiting on response.

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
sawbones
Rep
Drives: 135i Alpine White on Coral Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimate View Post
Hey,

I just ordered my 135 from BMW Toronto.

Pretty much same issue.

Premium package includes boston leather, heated steering wheel, sunroof and bluetooth.

If you're getting the M package, and you get the premium package, your premium package won't include a heated steering wheel - even though it's listed there and built into the price!!! I also didn't want the bluetooth since it nevers sounds right anyway... So, i didn't want or couldn't get 2 out of the 4 things included in package

So, knowing that, I tried to build my car around the M package with the seperate options of boston leather and sunroof. Still worked out cheaper.

Dealer was allowed to put in the order.

A month later BMW calls and says, sorry, we've rejected your build because YOU HAVE TO GET THE PREMIUM PACKAGE to get the leather and sunroof.

Total BS. It's available seperately on the website and on the dealer's computer system...

So... with a month's delay, i had to pony up the extra cash and pay for the heated steering wheel - which i can't get and the bluetooth - which i don't want.

Not impressed.

Called BMW to complain and waiting on response.

problem is that there are few if any building slots left for 2009's. So likely the reality is that there is a car built with the premium that you can get, but there isn't a slot available to build your car. You may have to order a 2010 to get what you want (of course the build options may be different for 2010).

I'm picking up my car tomorrow, M package with premium package, wasn't super keen on leather, but I managed to get $2000 off for taking the car that was otherwise what I wanted. To get M pack with just the sunroof was simply not available (I saw the list of every car that is currently unsold in Canada or in transit and that wasn't in the cards) My dealer was upfront and said that they could not get a build slot prior to September (when the 2010's start being built). I have no reason to doubt the dealer as they are amongst the smallest BMW dealers in the country

G
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 10:32 PM   #9
marvenmassey
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

The way it looks, when I order mine I will either have to forgo the Navi OR order the car with everything..If I do that I might skip the Audio Package..My buddy has the stock radio in his 335 and it's not bad. I guess if I am taking the train everyday I dont need the navi or the upgraded audio. Whenever me and wifey go out we always take the X3 so perhaps I'll get it in that, I want to keep the 1er long term so perhaps it's a blessing in disguise...wonder if it is the same there...will do a build now....

Do you guys think it's like this b/c we are close to end of MY2009 or is this something that has always been? I dont remember having to do on previous online builds (yes I've been dreaming and deciding between the 1er and 3er..)

M.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 12:20 AM   #10
YYC135
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i SGM

Hi all,

First post! I've been watching the threads for a few weeks trying get all of my options picked out prior to ordering. Great site btw.

I just ordered my 135i SGM with M Sport and Prem. I didn't realize until reading this thread tonight that the heated steering wheel was deleted with the M Sport option. It's brutal that nobody told me that during the option selection process.

The rep that assisted with the sale also told me that the Alum Trim package was included with the M Sport option list - also not the case! Just in case that hasn't been covered somewhere else.

In any event, it will arrive next week from another dealer. I think between the heated steering wheel and Alum Trim fiasco I should beat them up to sweeten the deal. Any suggestions?

Once I'm done with the dealership, its off to tint and film. Second stop, engine re-map to Stage 2. I can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 03:13 PM   #11
Bahuba
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MR 2014 M235i

Does the heated steering wheel have the same meaty feel of the M/// steering wheel? Because if not its no great loss.
Appreciate 0