BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
Smac355
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

fixing paint chips

Heys guys, so my dad asked me if i could try and fix the paint on his 7series which has a bunch of hail damage from last year. The dealer quoted him 2k on fixing it, guessing there game plan was to repaint everything. Mos of the damage and small paint chips on the hood etc. im sure you've seen them before. I've read through the detailing handguide, to get an idea of how to properly detail a car(since i've never really done it b4). Just wanted some advice/guidance on how i should go about doing this. I'm thinking about trying to polish them out first, but since u can feel them with ur nail im pretty positive they aren't going anywhere. Anyway any help is truly appreciated!! Thanks!
Black Sapphire Metallic 135i/Coral Leather Interior/ Gloss Black Grills/20% tint/M door sills/Black 135i badge, smoked LED side marker, Dinan stage II , DINAN Exhaust, performance side skirts, performance shift boot/e-brake, pedals, carbon fiber wrapped interior
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #2
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

There is the road rash repair kit from Bavauto

Have a lot of paint chips to fix? Get the "Road Rash" kit. The Dr. ColorChip paint repair system was developed to provide an economical way for car dealers to recondition trade-ins without sending them to a paint shop. This blob-free Road Rash kit is for cars that have more than two dozen paint chips. It includes: 1oz. bottle of OEM-matched paint; 4oz. bottle of Prefast blending solution; microfiber towel; tandem paint brush; 2 micro brushes; chemical-resistant glove; and easy-to-follow instructions. Specify BMW color code. Allow 1-2 weeks for delivery.

Part Number Description Price Qty.
RRK100 Road Rash Repair Kit
ON SALE! $54.95 Reg. $59.95)

They also have a variety of BMW Touch up paint, in bottles, pens and syringes. You will need the paint code of your dad's 7 series.

www.bavauto.com
Appreciate 0