BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

03-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #1
bim14
BIMMM3R
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 6MT AW/SO

which exhaust to buy

I like the way that both the UUC corsa and Remus Race exhaust setups sound on the m3. However, I would like to hear your opinions, which one do you think sounds better/more beneficial, and i'm not limited to those 2....if you know of any other exhausts that are in the same price range that are loud let me know. I am looking for a loud exhaust/ acceptable power gains, and I do not care about drone as much
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
MWorldorder
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bim14 View Post
I like the way that both the UUC corsa and Remus Race exhaust setups sound on the m3. However, I would like to hear your opinions, which one do you think sounds better/more beneficial, and i'm not limited to those 2....if you know of any other exhausts that are in the same price range that are loud let me know. I am looking for a loud exhaust/ acceptable power gains, and I do not care about drone as much
RPI GT full race FTW!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
Mrbojangles
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3- Melbourne RED-

Gintani full system
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #4
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

I dont want to be mean, but most of this part of the forum is dominated by exhaust..search you'll find many many many sound clips/prices/reviews of them.
Ill give you a brief summary of each exhaust that I know info about

-Remus Race: Awesome exhaust. Its loud, cheap, and minimal drone. FTW

-Active Autowerke: Sounds exotic and high pitched, not too loud, but when paired with the X-pipe it will scare kittens.

Now the exhaust I own..Eisenmann Race. I bought it for many reasons..particularly because I have had my eye on the exhaust since I first came to the forum..I really considered the Active Autowerke Exhaust, but I realized I would never be satisfied until I got the Eisenmann..

I've yet to have it installed, mainly due to the reason that my Connecting Pipes have not arrived yet.

I will definitely have them on by Mid-April and I will let you know what i think...From clips, its loud as F and is very throaty...So also Eisenmann race FTW

Any more questions, feel free to ask me or search the forum for numerous threads on the above exhausts.
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #5
modbargains
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i & 01 Toyota Avalon

Don't take this as a puch for a product but more of a helpful bit of information. Personally, I would go with the REMUS Race sytem, for the price, quality, and build, you can't go wrong.

REMUS is also an OE supplier for BMW among many others; with extensive knowledge of the OE exhaust design, REMUS' system maximizes performance without changing out unecessary parts.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 01:15 PM   #6
MWorldorder
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
I dont want to be mean, but most of this part of the forum is dominated by exhaust..search you'll find many many many sound clips/prices/reviews of them.
Ill give you a brief summary of each exhaust that I know info about

-Remus Race: Awesome exhaust. Its loud, cheap, and minimal drone. FTW

-Active Autowerke: Sounds exotic and high pitched, not too loud, but when paired with the X-pipe it will scare kittens.

Now the exhaust I own..Eisenmann Race. I bought it for many reasons..particularly because I have had my eye on the exhaust since I first came to the forum..I really considered the Active Autowerke Exhaust, but I realized I would never be satisfied until I got the Eisenmann..

I've yet to have it installed, mainly due to the reason that my Connecting Pipes have not arrived yet.

I will definitely have them on by Mid-April and I will let you know what i think...From clips, its loud as F and is very throaty...So also Eisenmann race FTW

Any more questions, feel free to ask me or search the forum for numerous threads on the above exhausts.

Remus and Eisenmann give you little to NO power gains. Don't know about AA so I can't comment. Check out the RPI exhaust dyno sheets!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #7
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MWorld View Post
Remus and Eisenmann give you little to NO power gains. Don't know about AA so I can't comment. Check out the RPI exhaust dyno sheets!

Dyno for Eisenmann:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239310

16hp is not much but you shouldn't be expecting too much out of an exhaust...

RPI looks nice though
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #8
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Oh and ///MWorld, I wanna hear some exhaust clips
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #9
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

Cat back exhaust is not rocket science. There are only minor gains on any, regardless of design. Including RPI. You need to be careful that you are not looking at a full exhaust dyno that replaces other stuff too.

10-15hp is the max I would expect from any.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #10
///M PWR 00
Captain
Rep
Drives: Porsche

This isnt a honda civic and you are not paying money equivilent to a universal muffler, so cutting and welding is out of the question for me. That automatically disqualifies Remus. I dont understand how they had a bolt on application for just about every other BMW, but not for an M3? Fuck that.

I'm going either full Gintani, or full RPI. Eisenmann with its connecting pipes are over 3k for just a muffler LOL.
      03-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #11
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s View Post
Don't take this as a puch for a product but more of a helpful bit of information. Personally, I would go with the REMUS Race sytem, for the price, quality, and build, you can't go wrong.

REMUS is also an OE supplier for BMW among many others; with extensive knowledge of the OE exhaust design, REMUS' system maximizes performance without changing out unecessary parts.

uhhh huh.... Thats why you don't mention the remus is not a bolt on and drones. Yeah ok. Vendors need to just staying in their little forums unless they have something unbias to say.

The most attractive option thats affordable is http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238716 imo. Its not out yet though.

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red

Last edited by Cab5er; 03-20-2009 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #12
CampioniShop
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab5er View Post
uhhh huh.... Thats why you don't mention the remus is not a bolt on and drones. Yeah ok. Vendors need to just staying in their little forums unless they have something unbias to say.
Did you also noticed the OP said he did not care for drone and wanted a loud system?

The REMUS RACE or SPORT is a complete bargain when taking into consideration it is manufactured in Austria and meets TUV standards using the highest quality material available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M PWR 00 View Post
This isnt a honda civic and you are not paying money equivilent to a universal muffler, so cutting and welding is out of the question for me. That automatically disqualifies Remus. I dont understand how they had a bolt on application for just about every other BMW, but not for an M3? Fuck that.
Most BMW applications are actually clamp-on systems. The only bolt-ons offered are for the older E36 3 series generation. To even compare our race/sport mufflers to honda civic universal applications is laughable at best.

As far as power claims, see below.
Using a straight through design, REMUS was able to release 63% backpressure in the muffler section over OEM. This results in great gains.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 02:57 PM   #13
///M PWR 00
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMUSshop View Post

Most BMW applications are actually clamp-on systems. The only bolt-ons offered are for the older E36 3 series generation. To even compare our race/sport mufflers to honda civic universal applications is laughable at best.

Actually, Remus expecting M3 owners to cut and weld on a muffler, is laughable at best. Please sell your sales pitch to someone who doesnt know any better. I was all for Remus until I learned that I would need to BUTCHER, yes BUTCHER, my OEM exhaust system on my 65,000$ M3. No thanks. I'll stick with a bolt-on.

Remus shouldnt feel too bad though... Eisenmann was in the in same boat. Except now they charge a kidney for "connecting pipes" that cost at the most 150-200$ to make. Ask me how I know... LOL

Most BMW applications are actually clamp-on systems

Thats even worst. You were better off not saying anything at all. Sorry if I came across rude, but I call a spade a spade.... I'm sure I speak for a lot of members. Cutting & welding shouldnt be mandatory on a 1200$ muffler for a 65K car. Still... I like the sound of Remus and for the money spent you cant beat it, as long as you dont mind cutting.
      03-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #14
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996TT/ae86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M PWR 00 View Post
Actually, Remus expecting M3 owners to cut and weld on a muffler, is laughable at best. Please sell your sales pitch to someone who doesnt know any better. I was all for Remus until I learned that I would need to BUTCHER, yes BUTCHER, my OEM exhaust system on my 65,000$ M3. No thanks. I'll stick with a bolt-on.

Remus shouldnt feel too bad though... Eisenmann was in the in same boat. Except now they charge a kidney for "connecting pipes" that cost at the most 150-200$ to make. Ask me how I know... LOL

Most BMW applications are actually clamp-on systems

Thats even worst. You were better off not saying anything at all. Sorry if I came across rude, but I call a spade a spade.... I'm sure I speak for a lot of members. Cutting & welding shouldnt be mandatory on a 1200$ muffler for a 65K car. Still... I like the sound of Remus and for the money spent you cant beat it, as long as you dont mind cutting.

Yup I understand. We voiced it to Remus and exactly as you wanted connecting pipes are coming now for the system so that you won't have any cutting off of the old ones and it will be a complete bolt on for you.

I think once the next shipment of exhausts come in - it's beat much the end of this cutting debate with the remus product as connecting pipes will be available a win-win

I personally love when companies listen to what their customers want
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 03:14 PM   #15
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

All I'm saying is, its obvious he doesn't carry UUC. In this case we already know his answer. So why bother?

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #16
///M PWR 00
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron************ View Post
Yup I understand. We voiced it to Remus and exactly as you wanted connecting pipes are coming now for the system so that you won't have any cutting off of the old ones and it will be a complete bolt on for you.

I think once the next shipment of exhausts come in - it's beat much the end of this cutting debate with the remus product as connecting pipes will be available a win-win

I personally love when companies listen to what their customers want

That is great news. I will consider Remus once again...as long as they dont copy Eisenmann and try to sell the connecting pipes for a rediculous amount of money.

Any chance of getting different tips from Remus? I dont like the slash cut too much. I would love these tips:

03-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #17
MWorldorder
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post
Cat back exhaust is not rocket science. There are only minor gains on any, regardless of design. Including RPI. You need to be careful that you are not looking at a full exhaust dyno that replaces other stuff too.

10-15hp is the max I would expect from any.

24hp gain w RPI. Check the dyno sheets.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #18
MWorldorder
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Oh and ///MWorld, I wanna hear some exhaust clips
Mos def when I get a chance!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 08:00 PM   #19
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

I did. Here is the thread title. RPI Full GT Exhaust Review/Dyno

It was full exhaust, not cat back. There is no way in hell changing mufflers will give you 24hp. It is misleading and dishonest to claim otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MWorld View Post
24hp gain w RPI. Check the dyno sheets.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 10:19 PM   #20
jimmyeatsworld
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post
I did. Here is the thread title. RPI Full GT Exhaust Review/Dyno

It was full exhaust, not cat back. There is no way in hell changing mufflers will give you 24hp. It is misleading and dishonest to claim otherwise.
That is correct, it's a header back system. I personally do not think that mufflers will provide much power let alone maintain it.

I know people who have gotten section 3 exhausts that have lost power.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #21
jimmyeatsworld
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 6MT

To the op...

I have the full RPI exhaust and it is loud. Check out my thread with the dyno sheet if you haven't already. You'll enjoy the torque, and sound.

If I'm not mistaken probably the best bang for the buck right now, based on performance and hardware.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 11:38 PM   #22
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

None of the exhaust I've heard Including the RPI can touch the sound of the Gintani system in my opinion.
Appreciate 0