BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-28-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
dadasracecar
Banned
Rep
Drives: '06 Mazdaspeed6

Raja Ventureshield

Perfection. Excellence. Dedication. Integrity.

These are all words that I would use wholeheartedly to describe Raja Haque's (aka Raja Ventureshield) clear film installation service. I drive 60+ miles daily commuting to work and back and there is about a 12 mile stretch that is occupied daily by dump trucks - the bain of my existence as far as body paint goes. Interestingly though, the most damage I've suffered from rock chips has been on 495 on random trips not work related. Anyway, I decided to splurge on my relatively new 335i and get Ventureshield protection.
Coordinating a time with Raja was extremely easy. He was more than accommodating when I had to cancel one appointment suddenly and rescheduling was no problem.

I asked him if he would come to my shop to do the install as I needed to work there. I assured him a clean, warm space to work in. He agreed and I failed to deliver on that. A clean shop to me was not to Raja. He explained that his space has a painted floor and has much less dust - very important when installing the film. "If you don't have good input, you can't get the best results." I was impressed.

This is my baby and am apprehensive about its care. I typically don't trust people with it and am often disappointed. After talking with Raja for a couple of minutes and watching his manner with his craft, I actually found myself thinking that he was paying too much attention to detail. I've seen his work on Gallardos and GT3s and my lowly 335i - which I dearly love, but let's face facts, is no R8 - but I would not believe that he spends any more time or care on fantastic supercars than he did on my 4dr saloon.

I checked back with him throughout the day as he worked. My shop was colder than it should have been as we had to keep opening the garage door. This made the film difficult to work with and probably increased his labor dramatically. He never wavered and just worked it out. We were drilling holes in masonry and using a forklift to finish our dyno installation. The conditions were far from ideal. Raja kept working. I could see the determination on his face. He clayed the surface prior to installing each and every large and small piece. When it was finished it looked just like the pictures I've seen of his work - perfect. The film is very discreet and I drove home comforted on the highway by my newly installed force field.

There are no pictures associated with this post. My car is dirty and it's dark and I can't wash it now for 2 weeks to let the film fully cure. Yah, that'll suck.. Small price though for the piece of mind.

We're truly lucky in this area to have a talent like Raja. He's just found another lifelong client.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
TP 135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i SGM MT

Garage List
I've been thinking about doing this....subscribed

2008 135i SGM
Appreciate 0