BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-07-2008, 11:52 PM   #1
M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Thanks to Gill (from Tire Rack)

I've read a lot on this site about non-run-flats and was determined to replace the OEM treads that came on the 135i. There were a lot of 1 addicts referring to Gill as the tire Guru; well I have to agree. Gill set me up with just what I was looking for in a non-run-flat replacement.

This is my 4th BMW but the first time I have ever had run-flats on my car and I couldn't stand the brick like ride. Every day I drove the car I felt like I was riding on a old wooden roller coaster. It was like getting beaten up by my suspension. Since I have replaced the run-flats I realized it wasn't the suspension at all, it was those God forsaken run-flats. Those tires should be banished from existence. Gill set me up with Yokohama ADVAN S.4's. Now the car handles and rides like a BMW/dream. Really, the difference is unbelievable. The car rides great in and out of the turns and gives a controlled ride on the open highway; what a difference! The wheels are very very quiet too.

I'm sure there will be some out there that may not be a fan of these particular tires but if you are looking for a nicely controlled, "comfortable", quiet ride that will allow you to focus on using the HP this car came with then choose these tires. They transform this car's purpose back to what is should be. "Now" this is the BMW I expected when I bought the car.

Thanks Guru Gill!:thumbup:

Oh, I almost forgot! Anyone interested in buying these God forsaken runflats? LOL
      11-08-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
IDBMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

When I bought my Z4 I got tires and wheel from Tire rack. It made the car totally different. Better ride and better cornering. When I sold the Z4 I put the original wheels/tires back on. I put this set up on the 135i and something is wrong! The rear end looses traction really easy. It is great for drifting, I never drove a car I could control the drift so easy.

You can get up to $300 each on e-bay if they are like new and no patches. I bought two used run flats on e-bay for my Z4 when I sold it so it had good rubber. I paid $100 each but the tires had been patched. Also try Craig’s list, then you don’t have to deal with shipping.
      11-10-2008, 07:14 AM   #3
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Glad I could help, M2!:thumbup:

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDBMW View Post
When I bought my Z4 I got tires and wheel from Tire rack. It made the car totally different. Better ride and better cornering. When I sold the Z4 I put the original wheels/tires back on. I put this set up on the 135i and something is wrong! The rear end looses traction really easy. It is great for drifting, I never drove a car I could control the drift so easy.

You can get up to $300 each on e-bay if they are like new and no patches. I bought two used run flats on e-bay for my Z4 when I sold it so it had good rubber. I paid $100 each but the tires had been patched. Also try Craig’s list, then you don’t have to deal with shipping.
thanks for the info....I am going to post them on Craig's list. they only have 2300 miles on them.