BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-24-2008, 05:58 PM   #1
modbargains
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i & 01 Toyota Avalon

BMW Technical Partnership with RAYS Wheels for Debut in 2009 ALMS

RAHAL LETTERMAN RACING ANNOUNCES TECHNICAL PARTNERSHIP WITH RAYS WHEELS FOR NEW BMW AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES PROGRAM TO DEBUT IN 2009

HILLIARD, Ohio (October 22, 2008) – As Rahal Letterman Racing continues to prepare for its first year with its new BMW GT2 program in the American Le Mans Series, it today announces that it has partnered with RAYS Wheels in a technical agreement that will see the high-end wheels used on the new BMW M3 next season.

“We are proud to become technical partners with Rahal Letterman Racing and BMW North America,” said RAYS Overseas Marketing Director for RAYS, KJ-Yamaguchi. “We pride ourselves with providing the best performing wheels on the highest of motorsport stages and the Rahal Letterman team provides the perfect match to our first entry into ALMS.”

The new BMW M3, with RAYS Wheels, is set to make its 2009 racing debut in the American Le Mans Series’ season kickoff event – the historic Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring – to be held March 18-21.

“When entering the top level of production car racing it is key to deploy a top level approach,” said BMW North America Motorsports Manager Martin Birkmann. “This holds true for the people involved but also for the competencies of the technical partners that make significant contributions to the success of the program. Rays is a great partner and its wheels represent the top echelon of race and performance car engineering.

“When undertaking a new project such as this, you want to align yourself with people that can perfect your program, and our partnership with RAYS Wheels will do that,” said team co-owner Bobby Rahal. “RAYS and BMW both hold themselves to high standards and use all their resources to provide efficient, lightweight products that not only hold up to the rigorous competitive demands of the race track, but are eye-catching and draw attention from everyone that experiences them.”

RAYS Co. Ltd, established in 1973, is a world-class manufacturer of high end forged and cast wheels for both high-level OEM and aftermarket. Most known for their patented mold forging technologies, RAYS has continually strived to bring meaningful wheel products that not only improve on the appearance of the vehicle, but provide an improved driving experience and safety through the highest technology. The application of the highest technology enables RAYS to offer wheels that have the most effective blend of lightness, durability, rigidity and safety. Their wheels are manufactured and tested 100% in house and verified on the racetrack. RAYS participates in the highest level of motorsport, which includes F1, ALMS, Lemans, Super GT, WTCC, BTCC, Touring car, and more.

The BMW Team RLR squad is still undergoing preparations for its inaugural ALMS season. More information, such as a driver lineup and a testing schedule, will be released in the coming weeks.

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

This looks awesome!!

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Does that mean we will get a Volk TE37 in 135i offsets? Please Ray, I will buy it!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2008, 07:27 PM   #4
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

Hmm, not BBS. That's a little surprising, IMO.
      10-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
modbargains
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i & 01 Toyota Avalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo View Post
Hmm, not BBS. That's a little surprising, IMO.
This has been a surprise to me also, I think that since RAYS entered F1, BBS has been given a run for their wheels.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #6
HighQ
Quality is everything
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: you mad

BBS had some serious business issues, maybe that's the answer?
Volk is a surprising choice, no doubt!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 06:33 PM   #7
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Gram Lights

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0