BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-10-2008, 07:08 PM   #1
BMW135iCA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

What would you guys do?

Okay so my rear bumper got replaced and the paint matched really well, but there are some spots where I think dust got in or something and I don't like it. I showed it to the body shop and they won't repaint it. Also I noticed stock underneath the factory also paints the inside part and don't think they really did, and they want to charge me to do that. So right now I'm not excited. What would you guys suggest?

Chris
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Was this paid for by insurance? If so, get them involved. They do not want to pay for a sub-par job. You're supposed to be getting a repair indistinguishable from the factory.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
BMW135iCA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

It was payed for by insurance.

Chris
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #4
EspressoBoy
1addict, and proud
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 08

Was it one of the repair shops recommended by the Insurance Co, or you found it yourself? If by the Insurance co, you 100% should complain to both, and have them fix it.

Write a letter (paper) to the Ins & include photos if you can. One reason for paper vs email is they will file it for many years and you can refer back to it. Oh and remember to make a copy for yourself, in case they try the lost mail trick. Always deal with the highest level people you can. Mail another copy to the body shop.

I hate Ins periord. I hate body shops period.

If you found this body shop yourself, it will be a bit harder. None the less, include the ins as they should not be paid till you are 100% satisfied. Make sure you stop payment till you are 100% satisfied.

Let us all know how it goes, Chris.

Also can you send us pix?

I wish you all the luck and Yoda suggests you use the force. Keep your cool and be nice. If you are to get what you want, it usually happens when you are a nice guy. (I try to take my own adice, but it's not always easy when it comes to the 1!)

EspressoBoy & Yoda
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #5
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Call them to tell them you are unsatisfied with the repair and you want it redone. (that's not uncommon)

You'll be taken care of.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 07:36 PM   #6
xantdieselx
Kingslayer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23' M3 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW135iCA View Post
Okay so my rear bumper got replaced and the paint matched really well, but there are some spots where I think dust got in or something and I don't like it. I showed it to the body shop and they won't repaint it. Also I noticed stock underneath the factory also paints the inside part and don't think they really did, and they want to charge me to do that. So right now I'm not excited. What would you guys suggest?

Chris
Not quite sure exactly what you are talking about but I think the amounts to the fact that you are not happy with the work that was done.

You did the first thing that I would recc you do, that is talking to the shop. Was the shop who did the work on a "preferred" list or a direct repair shop for the insurance co? If so you might have some recorse through the insurance company.

Otherwise, you should contact your states Attorney General's office. You can file a formal complaint with them or your states Department of Business Regulation. Sometimes if you inform the shop that you are in the process of filing a complaint it might sway them to help you out.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0