BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
drand
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40

My Car is Cursed

I can't believe what has happened to my car. Don't get me wrong, everything mechanically is working just great. It is everything else that could go wrong that is. Over the last ten years I really haven't had any major issues with the cars that I drive, no accidents, no major dings, dents, scratches, never had a flat tire but I have had to replace a couple of windshields due to flying rocks that spread faster than I could get patched.

So I do European Delivery, have a wonderful time and have one incident; narrow road with a big truck in the oncoming lane and I scratch a rim. Not a big deal, it can be buffed out easily and assume that it will be fixed by the time I get my car.

I finally get my car last Tuesday. I go to pick it up and the scratches on the rim are still there, I talk to my CA ad he says it isn't an issue, we can schedule a time when I can bring it in and get it fixed. I drive off. You can read about the full details of what happened next here: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12077 but the short version is that within five miles or so of leaving the dealership I get a flat. The tire had to be replaced and the dealership was wonderful and covered it even though BMWNA wouldn't.

I get my car back Thursday afternoon. My wife needs a new car and so we go shopping for her, look at a few dealerships and then take the car back out Friday to checkout more dealerships we find a car for her (Nissan Rogue) and then on my way home I see a rock fly towards the windshield and just as it hits I think I would have rather had to pay for the tire than a new windshield. At this point it looks like it can be fixed so long as I can find someplace open today to get it patched before it starts to spread.

I just don't know what to think. I normally don't have this many things happen to me in a several year period and I have now been driving the car for less than a couple of days here at home and all of this has happened. Now I am just waiting to walk outside in the next few days and find the car keyed.
      07-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #2
Spook
Bring Bail Money
Rep
Drives:

Karma? Have you kicked any cats?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 11:19 AM   #3
hitthemark41
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

wow...that IS a string of bad luck...sometimes cars ARE cursed...I remember when I was in school..I leased a truck..had it 23 hours and someone turned from behind a bus...causing $7k damage!! In the next two year period of the lease, it was hit two other times (both from behind..lol). Sorry to hear about your 1er..luckily it's new and the dealer is still trying to impress you...let's hope you are getting all the crap out of the way early!! Safe driving my friend! :eyebulge:

2008 (Year 1 of the One ) 135i
Black Sapphire Metallic/Savanna Beige/
Gray Poplar/6MT/Sports & Premium pkgs/CA/Heated Seats/HD/PDC
Mods:35% tint / clear bra / Perf. pedals
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
1Ronnie
Ronnie
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 Sedona 128i

I hoped you knocked on wood after the getting "keyed" comment
      07-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
Karma? Have you kicked any cats?
or not kicked enough cats? ; -)
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 11:37 AM   #6
ONE
YearOneOfThe1
Rep
Drives:

On the count of 1...

Let's all send angkor positive thoughts and good Karma for the rest of his driving days!

Delivered: 08 “Year One -11- Of The 1” 08 - Debadged: 08 “Day One -11- Of The 1” 08
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #7
Dr_Jones
Major
Rep
Drives:

Scheisse...i really do feel your pain. It will all be over soon. Take some clothes to salvation army, drop off canned goods at church, hold doors for old people....

Ive had similar luck with my car before going to the 135.

Can and will top this but not until im sitting in my new beauty.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 04:40 PM   #8
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

It's because it's a new car. The very idea that you're concerned about these things is their motivation for happening
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 08:10 PM   #9
F0Bman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Come on man and just tough it out . BMW rules!
2002 Corolla CE Daily Driver

www.TheTunerSource.com
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #10
Jackdaws
Private
Rep
Drives:

Bastards!

I had just bought a new MCS to see an old lady parallel park her new Jaguar outside the Mini dealership bump-bump-bump into my front bumper. Unbelievable--I thought people only did that in movies. Days later on the first Interstate trip I got a rock chip on the windshield directly in front of my face. Oh well, they were minor and the metal body was spared. From then on I had great luck--I never even got a door ding in four years.
Appreciate 0