BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
SteveKing84
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Ordering

So reading around this forum it seems like it takes roughly 2 months to receive your 1er once it is ordered. I have searched through the forum and I couldn't come up with an answer to this question... What is the actual process of submitting an order and the subsequent steps there after?

I walk into the dealership and tell them I want to order a 1. I tell them the options and everything. How much is a deposit? Is price negotiated during the time I order? Would they be able to give me a more accurate date as to when the car would come in?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
jb2178
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

$1000 deposit is what I paid, I'll be close to 10 weeks when it gets in but I had a bump in production. When you leave the dealership you should have some form of purchase agreement stating your price and trade in and any document fees... that's about it - after that comes the insane wait.
      06-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
ecap18
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I walked in, told them what i wanted, negotiated price, gave a $500 deposit, got my production # all in the same day, ordered may 12th, should get it end of June.
At the port June 4th
In Transit June 7th (Asian Chorus)
Discharged June 20th
Picked up June 26th!

BlackSapphireMetallic|BlackLeatherette|AluminumTrim|StickShift|SportsPackage|IPOD/USB
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
hansenc
1addict, and proud
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2008 128i  [0.00]
Worked out the details of what I wanted, got my trade looked at. went back and forth for about a week on the price. That weekend went in and traded my vehicle, put down my deposit and was out the door with my production number. should take delivery hoping some time next week.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 07:34 PM   #5
C_Topher
Seņor Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

I negotiated the specifics of the car and price, with specific reference to additional dealership costs (tax, title, tags, etc.) all by email and phone conversation, so when we arrived at the dealership my CA showed me the paperwork, and I cut a check for 1K, we made plans for PCD. Really went well that way, nobody had any hidden agenda.
      06-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
riguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 X3 M-Sport 28i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansenc View Post
Worked out the details of what I wanted, got my trade looked at. went back and forth for about a week on the price. That weekend went in and traded my vehicle, put down my deposit and was out the door with my production number. should take delivery hoping some time next week.
So are folks saying you traded in your existing vehicle at the time of trade? I would expect (hope) that I wouldn't need to give up my existing car until the new car arrived.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 08:28 PM   #7
jlee
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2CS+GTS Targa+RRS SVR

that actually became the key to my negotiations..most of the dealers wouldn't honor the trade in value until delivery, they all reassured me that the value wouldn't be too different..but still i wanted something that was certain.

so i got one dealer to hold the trade in value until i took delivery or I got my deposit back.

best i could do

Jeff
Appreciate 0