BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-06-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
jb2178
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Question Production # 2 weeks ago, still at "On Order"

I had my production number 2 weeks ago but I'm still sitting at "On Order" - the 1800 number is just giving me the "No confirmed production date"... how much longer do I have to wait for an update???

I'm trying to be patient but no changes at all in 2 weeks is starting to bug me. Emailed my CA this morning so we'll see what he says.
      05-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
BMW135iCA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Did your CA tell you when the car may start to be built?

Chris
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 10:54 AM   #3
jb2178
First Lieutenant
Rep

Nope... just got the production number. Hopefully he'll have some info for me later today...

waiting...
      05-06-2008, 11:47 AM   #4
danmcg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 BSM 135i

Call the 800 number and talk to a real person there. I get the same message as you and when I talked to a person she told me that I was scheduled for a week 20 production.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #5
Uptown Bully
I hate coleslaw!
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb2178 View Post
I had my production number 2 weeks ago but I'm still sitting at "On Order" - the 1800 number is just giving me the "No confirmed production date"... how much longer do I have to wait for an update???

I'm trying to be patient but no changes at all in 2 weeks is starting to bug me. Emailed my CA this morning so we'll see what he says.
This interests me. It's been 18 days for me with NO production number. But from what my CA said, I will not get it until it's under production. That said, I wonder if some CA's are giving the production number early...which would be your case. As for mine, he's not giving me the number because it's still "on order".
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #6
hitthemark41
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Well it took me 2 weeks to get my production number. Since then (over a week) I'm in the same boat as the rest of ya (no transport pun there haha)...no production date set yet. Perhaps I should call the 800# and talk to someone too...hmmm...
:iono:

2008 (Year 1 of the One ) 135i
Black Sapphire Metallic/Savanna Beige/
Gray Poplar/6MT/Sports & Premium pkgs/CA/Heated Seats/HD/PDC
Mods:35% tint / clear bra / Perf. pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #7
tharpa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

same boat as well. no confirmed production date here.
ordered on 4/18/08.
got my production number on 4/28/08.

as of 05/06/08 the website doesn't load my correct car and my production status via the 1800 number states no production date.

come on bmw... you're better than this.
      05-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #8
zivilyn861
*void
Rep
Drives: 135i

I got my production number on 4/26, and today my production status changed to the car being completed by 5/14. Yours should be right behind mine, I'd assume.

The website doesn't update the type of car until production starts, so you'll see the remnants of the last allocation to use your production number until then. Just give it another couple days and you should be fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 06:54 PM   #9
jb2178
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcg View Post
Call the 800 number and talk to a real person there. I get the same message as you and when I talked to a person she told me that I was scheduled for a week 20 production.

Done, What did they say? Not much beyond "Your Estimated Production week is week 25, currently we're in week 19. You were originally requested to be in week 20 but for some reason was delayed. Your CA would have more info"...

1 call placed to CA & 2 Emails sent today - no immediate response...

Placed a call just now to my CA just to see what he had to say (honestly expecting voicemail again) and I got an answer!?!?... he's emailed to find out the issue and will let me know ASAP...

We'll see... I'm just wondering if somebody was expecting an M6 buyer to call instead of little ol' 128i buyer over here. We'll see if I hear back from him today.

Just because my car doesn't cost sixty grand doesn't mean I don't care for it more than that guy...

Later, hopefully with good news
      05-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #10
jb2178
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zivilyn861 View Post
I got my production number on 4/26, and today my production status changed to the car being completed by 5/14. Yours should be right behind mine, I'd assume.

The website doesn't update the type of car until production starts, so you'll see the remnants of the last allocation to use your production number until then. Just give it another couple days and you should be fine.
I really really hope you are right but it looks like I'm stuck in my own little boat for now, some guy who wanted a fun to drive car equal to a z3/z4/s2000/boxster in the fun to drive department but with a back seat (so I don't have to sell it if a kid happens my way) for under $35,000...

we'll see but for now it's all this from my end:
:bangdesk::bangdesk:
      05-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #11
jb2178
First Lieutenant
Rep

I got a call today - my CA was able to get me a new production number and moved back up to a week 22 production which is a ton better than 25. Hopefully it get's produced on schedule this time...
      05-09-2008, 06:10 PM   #12
zivilyn861
*void
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
I got a call today - my CA was able to get me a new production number and moved back up to a week 22 production which is a ton better than 25. Hopefully it get's produced on schedule this time...
Bleh, sorry to hear about your troubles... hopefully everything will go smoothly from here on out!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 07:31 PM   #13
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "Blue Majic"

I feel your pain man I been going through it with my CA. I ordered my car on 3/22 and am scheduled for a week 23 production. I can relate to calling your CA and not getting much info/ run around. I am still not happy and feeling like he did not make me a priority and tried to avoid me as long as possible. Im trying to see the good in it, but the wait sux!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 07:42 PM   #14
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

sounds like they didnt make you a priority 1 car. My cousin's car started production 3-4 days after we ordered it
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 08:21 PM   #15
akak1997
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 135 @ 135mph

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
How long does it take for your Car's paint/interior color gets updated on OC site? I got my production# May 3rd, and it's still not updated on OC.

The print out from my dealer status it's a Priority 1 order, it's still not being worked on yet. so I think Priority 1 doesn't mean jack.....
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #16
Uptown Bully
I hate coleslaw!
Rep
Drives:

My CA told me Priority 1 simply means you put down a deposit/made a deal/signed papers.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #17
JHRedondo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

hey jb i'm in the same boat as you with practically the same car you ordered less the premium package

i will try talking to an operator as well
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 09:16 AM   #18
jb2178
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHRedondo View Post
hey jb i'm in the same boat as you with practically the same car you ordered less the premium package

i will try talking to an operator as well
No premium package on my order sheet - I just got the premium audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06 View Post
sounds like they didnt make you a priority 1 car. My cousin's car started production 3-4 days after we ordered it
HA - He probably stole my spot in the production line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akak1997 View Post
How long does it take for your Car's paint/interior color gets updated on OC site? I got my production# May 3rd, and it's still not updated on OC.
I heard the OC doesn't show your actual info until the car is produced...

My CA did tell me he has another customer who got bumped to week 30 something so it could be a lot worse. I hope I get lucky and have a short delivery time to account for my frustrations...
      05-11-2008, 12:20 PM   #19
Juicer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

My CA did tell me he has another customer who got bumped to week 30 something so it could be a lot worse. I hope I get lucky and have a short delivery time to account for my frustrations...
Yikes. I think I'm at the same dealer in RI. Ordered one week after you, 4/27. Still no production number. Looks like I'm week 30 something from what you said. Wish they would just tell me that instead of giving me the runaround. I'm pulling my hair out here! Two weeks and no production number and not even so much as a hint as to when I'll be getting this thing! I'm starting to doubt whether they even have an allocation or whether they are just waiting around for one.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #20
BullishMB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent05 View Post
Yikes. I think I'm at the same dealer in RI. Ordered one week after you, 4/27. Still no production number. Looks like I'm week 30 something from what you said. Wish they would just tell me that instead of giving me the runaround. I'm pulling my hair out here! Two weeks and no production number and not even so much as a hint as to when I'll be getting this thing! I'm starting to doubt whether they even have an allocation or whether they are just waiting around for one.
I'd be pissed off and demand to see the allocation spot.

Mine was ordered 5/3.
Production Number 5/5.
Originally week 23 production.
Bumped up to week 21 production.
Currently in production with a completion date of 5/19.

I made sure they showed me they had an open production spot when I ordered because quite a few dealerships didn't and were going to put me into a queue, with an unknown wait time.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #21
I-One-Da?
That One Guy
Rep
Drives:

I am really Pissed now!

Alright,

I put in my order on 4/5/08 and I still have not recieved a Production number. They told me that I have an allocation. I have requested my production number twice now and no response. So you think they are lying to me and they are just waiting around for an allocation?

Just to make sure, when you guys say "order" do you mean you put your first $500 down to hold the allocation? That is what I have done.

My SA told me that they would then tell me when production was about to start and then I would put another $500 down. At this point my deposits are non-refundable.

Is this how the process went for the rest of you?

Almost 5 weeks and not even a production number is ridiculous. What should I do?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 06:14 PM   #22
jb2178
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-One-Da? View Post
Alright,

I put in my order on 4/5/08 and I still have not recieved a Production number. They told me that I have an allocation. I have requested my production number twice now and no response. So you think they are lying to me and they are just waiting around for an allocation?

Just to make sure, when you guys say "order" do you mean you put your first $500 down to hold the allocation? That is what I have done.

My SA told me that they would then tell me when production was about to start and then I would put another $500 down. At this point my deposits are non-refundable.

Is this how the process went for the rest of you?

Almost 5 weeks and not even a production number is ridiculous. What should I do?
It sounds like you are getting jerked around. I had to put down $1000 to place my order and I walked out w/ a "Motor Vehicle Cash Purchase Agreement". I got a production number 2 days later but my dealer here in little Rhode Island probably isn't the #1 dealer in america so I would assume it could take longer to get a production number. I did read a post by an addict who didn't insist on a production number and ended up getting screwed on the time to delivery and his suggestion was to INSIST on a production number. I DID insist and I still got screwed a bit so I'm not real sure what difference it really makes but I don't think your order has any priority w/ the dealer until you get the whole $1000 deposit in but I could be wrong.

I'm still under the impression that even if you get your production number and the dealer/CA gets a buyer for a car twice as expensive as yours you will probably get bumped to a later slot.