EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

05-23-2023, 01:40 PM   #1
MaX PL
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Early Year F80 with AC System Issue

Hi,

I have a 2015 M3 which developed the evaporator freezing issue that was common on the early year cars, but also apparently present on models up to 2018.

There is a TSB for this issue with the fix being one of four things: a plastic adapter between the evaporator sensor and housing, a software update which I believe just changes the temp offset to make the car think its warmer than it is, a resistor install, and potentially installing a new sensor altogether.

I've had Kuba86 do the software portion as he said it's just a coding issue otherwise the dealer would do a costly software update and wipe my coding. I've also installed the adapter myself. That leaves the resistor which my dealer did not mention, and I see little info about on the internet.

I've also read about "the sensor having to be moved" by various folks, but I assume that's not possible and they're just referring to the install of the spacer adapter.

I guess my question is whether there are any techs here who have experience diagnosing this issue and can help finally get this fixed.

I'm at the point where I'm ready to sell the car over this as I can't live without AC, but this should be fixable as it did not do this from day one.
Appreciate 0