Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

10-03-2022, 04:48 PM   #1
pilotJR
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4 (F83)

Black Plastic Pieces Under Front Fender

I noticed today that one of the black plastic "fins" that protrude down from the left and right sides of the front fender of my '16 F83 is cracked. Pictures attached.

Is this an easy fix (i.e. replacing them myself) or is there some other cosmetic change I can make (e.g. front splitter) that is a better solution? I live in a city, so I would ideally not like to reduce ground clearance at the front of the car -- I'm always driving over potholes, up & down ramps, parking next to curbs, etc. (see: the paint scrapped up on the bottom side of the fender).

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Last edited by pilotJR; 10-03-2022 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 04:55 PM   #2
CYANiDE
First Lieutenant
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: X5 4.0i M Sport

Most people remove them when installing front lips. My recommendation would be an eBay front lip and pull those off. Looks to be ~$50+ shipping for the part from BMW. I'd rather take that $50 and put it towards a lip, just my $0.02
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 04:47 PM   #3
Full_of_fit
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Here are the replacement pieces, they are called front belly pan extensions.I damaged mine driving out of my friend’s driveway m I asked my service advisor about them, he said they help the car aerodynamics but then added not to buy them from him. Him saying that makes me personally, I know everyone has their own opinion, believe what he was saying especially because he did not try to sell them to me. Anyway here is the link if you choose to replace them:

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...xoCTBYQAvD_BwE
Appreciate 0