BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-27-2021, 10:06 PM   #1
nyczdave
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW x5M

New to me 2018 F85, Reflector Upgrades

I finally got my 2018 x5M this past Monday and this car is a beast! Love the power but hate that I feel every bump.

So I just order the black out kidney grill and fender grill. I am now debating on changing the reflectors for the side and rear of the car. I've seen pictures of black x5s with the reflectors blacked out but does anyone have any pictures with a white x5 with either blacked out reflectors or white-ed out reflectors. Trying to get an idea of how it would look.

Thanks in advanced
Attached Images

Last edited by nyczdave; 10-28-2021 at 08:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 10:14 PM   #2
BMWdmk
*Rollin 3rd*
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something fast

I've always went body match color when it came to reflectors. Makes the body look more "complete"
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 11:55 PM   #3
kefler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5m / Alpine White

2018 alpine white, I went with the IND Black honecomb rear reflector replacements. I like it.

Appreciate 1
      10-28-2021, 01:35 AM   #4
willzpatron
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 x5m

@nyczdave so i have a white/red 2018 I just picked up at auction, currently getting work done , going with blacked out reflectors gloss black powder coat wheels , satin pearl white wrap with the front bumper under grill bar wrapped in black and upper lower portion of bumper wrapped in black and will do the front and back BMW emblems white the black surrounds also putting carbon fiber mirrors and carbon fiber shift knob with carbon fiber center piece around the buttons as well. Don't know if I will do a diffuser since the one I want costs around 1800$ and the oem has to be replaced and it's around 113$ bucks oem.also fender vents are coming carbon fiber and grill carbon fiber , upgrading to big brake kit in the rear and painting front and back calipers red to match interior, will post pictures of before and after in around a month or so when car is completed, BTW GREAT LOOKING TRUCK ENJOY!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 02:19 AM   #5
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyczdave View Post
So I finally got my 2018 x5M this past Monday and this car is a beast! Love the power but hate that I feel every bump.

So I just order the black out kidney grill and fender grill. I am not debating on changing the reflectors for the side and rear of the car. I've seen pictures of black x5s with the reflectors blacked out but does anyone have any pictures with a white x5 with either blacked out reflectors or white-ed out reflectors. Trying to get an idea of how it would look.

Thanks in advanced
Opted for body match color. Rears I left alone
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
m3fuz199.00
      10-28-2021, 07:08 AM   #6
jab23
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

Congrats on the new ride. White looks so good on the M. I'd vote for body color reflector.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 08:42 AM   #7
Blue By You
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB X5M F85

Paint up front and IND in the rear

Quote:
So I finally got my 2018 x5M this past Monday and this car is a beast! Love the power but hate that I feel every bump.

So I just order the black out kidney grill and fender grill. I am not debating on changing the reflectors for the side and rear of the car. I've seen pictures of black x5s with the reflectors blacked out but does anyone have any pictures with a white x5 with either blacked out reflectors or white-ed out reflectors. Trying to get an idea of how it would look.

Thanks in advanced
You can also have the rear reflectors painted too if you like the idea of body color.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 08:22 PM   #8
nyczdave
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willzpatron View Post
@nyczdave so i have a white/red 2018 I just picked up at auction, currently getting work done , going with blacked out reflectors gloss black powder coat wheels , satin pearl white wrap with the front bumper under grill bar wrapped in black and upper lower portion of bumper wrapped in black and will do the front and back BMW emblems white the black surrounds also putting carbon fiber mirrors and carbon fiber shift knob with carbon fiber center piece around the buttons as well. Don't know if I will do a diffuser since the one I want costs around 1800$ and the oem has to be replaced and it's around 113$ bucks oem.also fender vents are coming carbon fiber and grill carbon fiber , upgrading to big brake kit in the rear and painting front and back calipers red to match interior, will post pictures of before and after in around a month or so when car is completed, BTW GREAT LOOKING TRUCK ENJOY!
Thanks! Our car is pretty much identical but I have the black interior. Can't wait to see the finished product, please share pictures on the progress.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 08:24 PM   #9
nyczdave
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefler View Post
2018 alpine white, I went with the IND Black honecomb rear reflector replacements. I like it.

The black rear reflector looks good. = ) Did you do anything to the front fender reflectors?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 08:26 PM   #10
nyczdave
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
Wow that looks very clean. I can't even tell where the reflector used to be!

I know there are a few videos on changing the reflector, but do you have any tips when changing it?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 08:50 PM   #11
willzpatron
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 x5m

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzpatron View Post
Thanks! Our car is pretty much identical but I have the black interior. Can't wait to see the finished product, please share pictures on the progress.
Will do I can't wait as well lol
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 12:51 AM   #12
kefler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5m / Alpine White

Quote:
The black rear reflector looks good. = ) Did you do anything to the front fender reflectors?

Thanks! I have a pair of IND body match painted

But I STILL haven't installed them yet! I live in AZ so it's been too hot until the last couple weeks.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 01:29 PM   #13
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
Wow that looks very clean. I can't even tell where the reflector used to be!

I know there are a few videos on changing the reflector, but do you have any tips when changing it?
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2021, 09:49 PM   #14
nyczdave
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefler View Post
Thanks! I have a pair of IND body match painted

But I STILL haven't installed them yet! I live in AZ so it's been too hot until the last couple weeks.
Did you get matte black or gloss black?