BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

05-14-2021, 09:50 PM   #1
Joshbot007
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Frozen Blue M3

Bavgruppe Rings Install Questions

So I just got both myheadlights apart and got that butyl seal out as good as I can without going overboard (what a pain in the butt). I got the white Vision rings and White switchback brows and have a few questions.

1) I want to use the brow as my turn signal. It has that yellow wire that says "to turn signal power" comming out of the driver. Where does this go exactly? it looks like it should be soldered or spliced into something. there are two turn signals already existing in the light from what I can tell (the bulb and the small LED in the corner) so IDK exactly where to splice that in.

2) If i make my brow the turn signal should I no longer use the bulb turn signal that is already in the light? If I remove that won't it throw a code? I would prefer not to code the car again to save money if that is nessary to remove the bulb turn signal.

3) There are a TON of wires, drivers, power device, and capacitor for the rings and brow. Where do these go exactly? should I just shove them all in the back and make them fit or is there a process to neatly lay them out in the headlight?

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 07:55 PM   #2
Joshbot007
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone? I really need to know where to wire in the yellow wire. I will be sealing up the lights in a day or two.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2021, 06:21 PM   #3
patroklai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS | e92 M3

That wire is only relevant if you are installing led brows or if you want your halos to "switch" to amber when turning. Otherwise just leave it.

If you need more help pm. I'll give you my number and I can walk you through it.

Last edited by patroklai; 05-23-2021 at 10:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 07:23 AM   #4
Joshbot007
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by patroklai View Post
That wire is only relevant if you are installing led brows or if you want your halos to "switch" to amber when turning. Otherwise just leave it.

If you need more help pm. I'll give you my number and I can walk you through it.
I got it finished earlier this weekend but thanks! I was able to get through to their customer service and They informed me where to wire it into and yes I wanted to use it for the turn signal.

It turned out ok but Im sure it would of went much quicker if there were actual instructions and not like 3 pictures on a document of random unmodified headlight parts telling you to trim like this (like wtf?!?!). Im sure much more sales could be made if there was an actual good tutorial/instructions that would allow for less mechanically inclined people to complete this job with confidence.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 12:57 PM   #5
patroklai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS | e92 M3

Looks awesome bud! Congrats
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 10:31 PM   #6
Winter.M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbot007 View Post
I got it finished earlier this weekend but thanks! I was able to get through to their customer service and They informed me where to wire it into and yes I wanted to use it for the turn signal.

It turned out ok but Im sure it would of went much quicker if there were actual instructions and not like 3 pictures on a document of random unmodified headlight parts telling you to trim like this (like wtf?!?!). Im sure much more sales could be made if there was an actual good tutorial/instructions that would allow for less mechanically inclined people to complete this job with confidence.
Where did you end up wiring it to? I just emailed bavgruppe about this, I figured it would just work for some reason... if it's too complicated I'll wait for a response.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 08:54 AM   #7
Joshbot007
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter.M3 View Post
Quote:

Where did you end up wiring it to? I just emailed bavgruppe about this, I figured it would just work for some reason... if it's too complicated I'll wait for a response.
I soldered it to the hot contact for the corner turn signal bulb. Worked great
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 09:40 PM   #8
Winter.M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I figured I could just tap it right into the turn signal bulb wiring. I haven't looked is it easy access right behind the bulb? (Easy-ish?)

I closed up my headlights without testing or anything because I was stubborn and waited until it was all buttoned up for the reveal...
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 09:57 AM   #9
Joshbot007
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter.M3 View Post
Quote:
I figured I could just tap it right into the turn signal bulb wiring. I haven't looked is it easy access right behind the bulb? (Easy-ish?)

I closed up my headlights without testing or anything because I was stubborn and waited until it was all buttoned up for the reveal...
Well I did it with everything apart but I think you can do it by pulling the plug for the bulb and looking in. Might be a tedious job but I think it would be possible.
Appreciate 0