United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi e90

WTB: 2018 X5M - Black Sapphire Edition

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Looking for a 2018 X5M with the Black Sapphire package (black wheels w/ Black/Red interior). Hoping to find one with the Executive Package and Bang & Olufsen audio option, which most already include. Nice to have options would be Night Vision and Apple CarPlay already enabled. Let me know if anyone has one for sale, serious buyer already talking to a few dealers but prefer private sale.

FBO 2008 335xi pre-LCI E90: Cobb Stage 2+ / ER FMIC & CP / HKS BOV / Injen DCI / BMW PE / AR DP / KW V3 / M3 control arms / HD end links / BMS OCC / Forgestar F14 / R1 Concepts rotors / StopTech pads & stainless lines / LUX angel eyes / Depo Blacklines / CPe tow plate / AutoCarbon mirror caps, sharkfin, & kidneys / CF vinyl interior & exterior wrap
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 01:49 PM   #2
EuroCarFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, F85 X5M

You mean the Black Fire Edition?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 02:00 PM   #3
JMAN1111
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 Black Fire X6M, F16 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctglass View Post
Looking for a 2018 X5M with the Black Sapphire package (black wheels w/ Black/Red interior). Hoping to find one with the Executive Package and Bang & Olufsen audio option, which most already include. Nice to have options would be Night Vision and Apple CarPlay already enabled. Let me know if anyone has one for sale, serious buyer already talking to a few dealers but prefer private sale.
What are you looking to pay?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 02:39 PM   #4
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018-X5M-BLK Sapphire Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctglass View Post
Good luck! Picked one up recently at the BMW dealer. 2018 CPO with 26,5k miles. The car did not come with night vision. Not really required especially with the auto high beam headlights.

Apple car play can be purchased and uploaded via BMW connected drive for $300.

I believe it's called Black Sapphire edition in the US and Black Fire edition in Europe. The Euro model comes with the black gloss grills and gills plus carbon fiber side mirror covers. The US model does not.

Good luck in your search. By the way the fire or Black sapphire , what ever you want to call it, was a $3950 option bringing the MSRP to $115,500k back in 2018. I don't have the original MSRP sticker for my car but I found this one online after searching extensively.
Attached Images

11-30-2020, 02:53 PM   #5
ctglass
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroCarFan View Post
You mean the Black Fire Edition?
I am in the market for the Black Sapphire edition that was offered in the US. I do not believe the US market got any Black Fire models (only Canada). But they are very similarly spec'ed models, I think the US spec just lost the badge and some of the carbon bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN1111 View Post
What are you looking to pay?
I am speaking with a few dealers right now, price would depend on accident history, mileage, options, etc. But I am a buyer at current market values. Please DM me if you are aware of one for sale, I am happy to travel for the right car and have experience with transporting vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickrick2 View Post
Good luck! Picked one up recently at the BMW dealer. 2018 CPO with 26,5k miles.
Thanks for the details! If you are willing to share more about your recent purchase, would you mind DMing me with the purchase price and the dealer you worked with?
FBO 2008 335xi pre-LCI E90: Cobb Stage 2+ / ER FMIC & CP / HKS BOV / Injen DCI / BMW PE / AR DP / KW V3 / M3 control arms / HD end links / BMS OCC / Forgestar F14 / R1 Concepts rotors / StopTech pads & stainless lines / LUX angel eyes / Depo Blacklines / CPe tow plate / AutoCarbon mirror caps, sharkfin, & kidneys / CF vinyl interior & exterior wrap
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 02:53 PM   #6
EuroCarFan
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Good luck! Picked one up recently at the BMW dealer. 2018 CPO with 26,5k miles. The car did not come with night vision. Not really required especially with the auto high beam headlights.

I believe it's called Black Sapphire edition in the US and Black Fire edition in Europe. The Euro model comes with the black gloss grills and gills plus carbon fiber side mirror covers. The US model does not.

Good luck in your search. By the way the fire or Black sapphire , what ever you want to call it, was a $3950 option bringing the MSRP to $115,500k back in 2018. I don't have the original MSRP sticker for my car but I found this one online after searching extensively.
Interesting. Didn't know they had different names for the different regions. This member bought a Black Fire Edition X5M in Canada so guess that isn't only available in Europe. And within his post, there's a vid to the introduction of the Black Fire Edition in Detroit.

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...k+fire+edition
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 03:01 PM   #7
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Interesting. Didn't know they had different names for the different regions. This member bought a Black Fire Edition X5M in Canada so guess that isn't only available in Europe. And within his post, there's a vid to the introduction of the Black Fire Edition in Detroit.

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...k+fire+edition
Canadian models are probably called black fire edition as well. Mine does not have the sticker fire logo on the trim. I'm in NY. If you look at the sticker price I included you'll see it's listed as Black Sapphire Edition. If you look at his images you'll see the carbon fiber side mirror covers and the black gills or side vents unlike mine.
Attached Images

11-30-2020, 03:09 PM   #8
EuroCarFan
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Canadian models are probably called black fire edition as well. Mine does not have the sticker fire logo on the trim. I'm in NY. If you look at the sticker price I included you'll see it's listed as Black Sapphire Edition. If you look at his images you'll see the carbon fiber side mirror covers and the black gills or side vents unlike mine.
I'd probably source that sticker/emblem to put on mine if I had one. haha
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 03:15 PM   #9
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'd probably source that sticker/emblem to put on mine if I had one. haha
Lol. I actually prefer mine without it. Big fan of the Piano Black trim unobstructed. I've had it in my two previous BMWs. Had the 2014 550xi msport loaded with B&O and Piano Black Trim. Traded that in for the 2015 -X5 i50 msport with same options and finally traded that in for the 2018-X5M with those options. I don't think I'll ever purchase another Bimmer without the piano Black Trim and B&O unless I get into a newer model with the updated system. I think the B&O sound is important and sounds amazing with the right settings.