European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

08-22-2020, 09:34 PM   #1
travis94ZX
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
ECU Updated - Front Turn Signals not working and SRS light flashing

Hello All,

I was hoping someone could help me as I have now spent two days trying to figure out this issue. I have a 2015 F82. I used ESYS and the TAL CALC/PROCESS procedure following this guide.

Shipment I-Step version is F020-14-11-505. I see two for Target I-Step. F020-20-07-530 and F020-07-540. I chose the 540 version. I did the TAL calculation with the 'Include ECUs from SVT' and then proceeded to TAL Processing to start the upgrade.

With Shawn's help, I was able to get them all updated, but I have an error on the dash that says the front left and right signals are malfunctioning and front blinkers do not work while rears fast blink. I also have the airbag light flashing on the dash.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, can anyone give any input on how to fix it? I tried clearing codes in Transmitter, but to know avail.

Thanks in advance.

Travis T
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 04:28 AM   #2
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis94ZX View Post
Hello All,

I was hoping someone could help me as I have now spent two days trying to figure out this issue. I have a 2015 F82. I used ESYS and the TAL CALC/PROCESS procedure following this guide.

Shipment I-Step version is F020-14-11-505. I see two for Target I-Step. F020-20-07-530 and F020-07-540. I chose the 540 version. I did the TAL calculation with the 'Include ECUs from SVT' and then proceeded to TAL Processing to start the upgrade.

With Shawn's help, I was able to get them all updated, but I have an error on the dash that says the front left and right signals are malfunctioning and front blinkers do not work while rears fast blink. I also have the airbag light flashing on the dash.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, can anyone give any input on how to fix it? I tried clearing codes in Transmitter, but to know avail.

Thanks in advance.

Travis T
Hi,
Get ISTA and check those faults.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 10:07 AM   #3
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Code out the warm and cold bulb checks for the turn signals, to eliminate the hyper-flashing..

As far as the air bag error, make sure the right region variant is set; US-spec vehicle programming requires it to be coded for a "dual stage" air bags, the ROW is a single stage..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 10:23 AM   #4
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Code out the warm and cold bulb checks for the turn signals, to eliminate the hyper-flashing..

As far as the air bag error, make sure the right region variant is set; US-spec vehicle programming requires it to be coded for a "dual stage" air bags, the ROW is a single stage..
Air bag error could be related to ACSM not locked after programming.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 01:01 PM   #5
travis94ZX
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:

You will have to forgive me, I am very new to ESYS. Where do I check that the correct region variant is selected? Also, is there a particular version of ISTA I should be using?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 05:19 PM   #6
terahertz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 AW

After updating the car, I had to do some headlight learning procedure, window learning procedures and some other things in ISTA. You just need a copy of ISTA that is new enough to support your car/software level. There were also like 100 faults stored, but most of those cleared before doing those things.

You shouldn't need to be doing any coding. My bet is you just need to clear the faults, then go through the recurring faults and run the ISTA procedures to initialize/learn those modules.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 06:03 PM   #7
travis94ZX
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by terahertz View Post
After updating the car, I had to do some headlight learning procedure, window learning procedures and some other things in ISTA. You just need a copy of ISTA that is new enough to support your car/software level. There were also like 100 faults stored, but most of those cleared before doing those things.

You shouldn't need to be doing any coding. My bet is you just need to clear the faults, then go through the recurring faults and run the ISTA procedures to initialize/learn those modules.
Where do I get the version of ISTA I need to do this? It is a 2015 BMW M4
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 09:14 PM   #8
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis94ZX View Post
Quote:

You will have to forgive me, I am very new to ESYS. Where do I check that the correct region variant is selected? Also, is there a particular version of ISTA I should be using?
I have ESYS installed in my laptop but I'm not too familiar with it.

I use the Bimmercode APP to remove the bulb checks (see below)

As far as the variant region spec, that can only be done on ESYS but requires someone who's familiar with the process. I'm sorry, It's foreign to me 🤷🏻

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bimmer...i/id1130787459
Attached Images

Appreciate 0