R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

07-07-2020, 06:19 PM   #1
knickerbocker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Dealer loaner policy?

Hey guys, my car's scheduled for service next Friday, but now I just found out that I need to drive up to Edmonton(from Calgary) that weekend for work. I know different dealers have their own loaner policies, so I just wanted to see if anyone here has dealt with and are familiar with how BMW gallery or Calgary BMW deals with their loaners.

Is it not a big deal? Should I just drive the loaner up and return it when I get back on Monday to pick up my car. Or should I re-schedule my appointment, since I obviously won't be able to return to pick up my car if they're done Friday afternoon?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 08:17 PM   #2
allies_jh
Dr. J
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
2012 135i  [0.00]
The loaner cars from the Calgary dealerships are actually Enterprise rental cars. I don't think there's a limit on how much you can drive them. As long as you fill up the tank, I think you're good.
      07-07-2020, 09:29 PM   #3
kss
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 AY F80 ZCP

From what I understand they’ve changed their policy about picking upright before or dropping off day late. I used to drop my car off at the end of the day, rather than early in the morning and would have a loaner over night, but was told they no longer do that.

If your service is a Friday to Monday and they are giving you the loaner for that long, than it shouldn’t be an issue. I’d just confirm there is no mileage restrictions. I would get the insurance though if I was getting a loaner on a longer trip, rather than having any damage go on my policy - especially if you have a policy that you’ve stated what your normal commute mileage is.
Appreciate 1