EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

06-20-2020, 04:16 PM   #1
max80
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

HELP ! Anyone tried to code their car for different region? And lots to go with

Hi all,

I just bought a 2015 Pre LCI F80 M3 , its import from Japan so the car come with japanese menu + japan NAVI but now the car is in Hong Kong.

So there is some problem for me and i hope i can find some answer here.

1: Coding/Upgrading Car Firmware which it should be in HongKong , showing my language and my goal was to have latest Hong Kong Map in my NAVI and have the right frequency for Radio (Hong Kong have wider frequency then Japan).

2: Coding Headlight from 2015Pre LCI Full Adaptive to 2018+ Standard LED( which dont have Adaptive Function.

3: Coding 2018+ M3 CS Tailight with OEM retrofit harness.

4: Coding Front seat Airbag delete since i am doing front seat change.

5: What else you guys suggest for me to code the car at the same time since my car was a 2015model? Any hidden function can be brought out? I want to make the car system as up to date as possible.

So far it's what i needed at the moment, but i am completely new into BMW coding , i try to search Bimmercode if it can do the work for me because its user friendly but seems cannot satisfy what i want, tried look into E sys also but seems its a lot more complicated, So i want to have more advice from you guys what should i do and whats the best way to do the job?

Looking forward from you guys, greatly appreciate.

Thankyou
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 04:28 PM   #2
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by max80 View Post
Hi all,

I just bought a 2015 Pre LCI F80 M3 , its import from Japan so the car come with japanese menu + japan NAVI but now the car is in Hong Kong.

So there is some problem for me and i hope i can find some answer here.

1: Coding/Upgrading Car Firmware which it should be in HongKong , showing my language and my goal was to have latest Hong Kong Map in my NAVI and have the right frequency for Radio (Hong Kong have wider frequency then Japan).

2: Coding Headlight from 2015Pre LCI Full Adaptive to 2018+ Standard LED( which dont have Adaptive Function.

3: Coding 2018+ M3 CS Tailight with OEM retrofit harness.

4: Coding Front seat Airbag delete since i am doing front seat change.

5: What else you guys suggest for me to code the car at the same time since my car was a 2015model? Any hidden function can be brought out? I want to make the car system as up to date as possible.

So far it's what i needed at the moment, but i am completely new into BMW coding , i try to search Bimmercode if it can do the work for me because its user friendly but seems cannot satisfy what i want, tried look into E sys also but seems its a lot more complicated, So i want to have more advice from you guys what should i do and whats the best way to do the job?

Looking forward from you guys, greatly appreciate.

Thankyou
All the things you want could be done using E-Sys. I don't think that's possible using bimmercode.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 04:32 PM   #3
max80
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
All the things you want could be done using E-Sys. I don't think that's possible using bimmercode.

Thanks
Yeah i think so, but seems E Sys is a lot more complicated.

How should i start? i even cannot find where to download the software it and use what cable to do the work.

And before i start to play with E sys should i use ISTA+ to do any update first?

Thankyou!!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 01:55 PM   #4
max80
Rep

Any one??? Still looking forward...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 12:51 PM   #5
jimmydick
Boner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 AW ZCP

Have you done any searches? I'm thinking I read a thread on this topic which included all the steps for regional changes.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 02:21 PM   #6
max80
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydick View Post
Have you done any searches? I'm thinking I read a thread on this topic which included all the steps for regional changes.
Yes i tried for some keywords related already.

No luck!
Appreciate 0