BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

06-07-2020, 12:29 PM   #1
S_CDSM5
Private
Rep
Drives: 650 Gran Coupe

M5 Oil Pump Recall

Had some down time lastnight so was just wandering around on the web looking up my M5's value, any recalls etc.. I saw that there was a recall for several M5 made from July 2012 to September 2012. I looked at the VIN list of affected cars and sure enough i saw mine on there. So a couple questions...is there anyway i can tell if its been replaced on my car already? If not, can i just call my local BMW and tell them mine is affected and bring it in for a new oil pump?

Lastly, how serious is the issue? Are oil pumps knows to go out? If it does i would imagine the low oil pressure light will come on and you would have it towed to BMW in which BMW would cover all cost if there is an active recall out.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 07:48 AM   #2
vafan13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange F10 M5

Try putting your vin in here (assuming you're in US) to see if there are any open recalls.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 11:19 AM   #3
S_CDSM5
Private
Rep
Drives: 650 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafan13 View Post
Try putting your vin in here (assuming you're in US) to see if there are any open recalls.
Thanks. I called BMW yesterday and they said and showed the oil pump had been replaced in October 2012. Many on the forum now are probably second or third owners so may be unaware that there was a major recall on the oil pumps. They put out a letter stating to discontinue driving the car until it was fixed. Needless to say, if your at higher mileage than im sure your car has been taken care of. If you need to check then just call the dealer

You can find the list of effected VIN's here

https://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=748157
Appreciate 0