Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

05-28-2020, 06:20 AM   #1
Blackmamba_kurk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 15”

I recently bought euro LCI headlights from a forum member @drivinaprobe and had them remotely coded by @[marius76 (contact:69160) he is a coding magician ! + coded the Anti-Dazzle which is amazing in person!

I had only one issue prior contacting Marius I went to top gear solutions and they couldn't code my lights for anything. I sat in my car for 2.5 hours to get straight error codes and not even a single light turned on leaving my car incapable to drive at night. Next day I got my refund and contacted Marius, he got it done in two hours because he had to re program my modules although he was way more professional shout-out to him !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 07:34 AM   #2
TRYM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

perfection!!!!!
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2020, 10:49 AM   #3
ericsbestshot
Private
Rep
Drives: none

I'm considering doing this upgrade. I'd be coming from a 2015 with xenon adaptive. How long did the install take?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 10:53 AM   #4
Blackmamba_kurk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsbestshot View Post
I'm considering doing this upgrade. I'd be coming from a 2015 with xenon adaptive. How long did the install take?
It took exactly 1.5 hours. The one problem you're going to face, the passenger side the plug doesn't have enough slag to plug in because the connector is on the bottom. Although for those upgrading with non-led have to get extra stuff I believe ! Definitely worth it at the end of the day
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 10:58 AM   #5
ericsbestshot
Private
Rep
Drives: none

Yeah there is some sort of extra wiring that mariois sells. 1.5 hours for the headlight doesnt sound bad though.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2020, 11:09 AM   #6
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

I did retro on my 2015 with adaptive xenons. It took me a good 6 hours with some redo’s because I either rushed the instructions or failed in my comprehension of the instructions lol.

I also used Marius for the wiring harness and coding. No hesitations of recommending Marius to others.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2020, 01:22 PM   #7
Blackmamba_kurk
Private First Class
Rep

2015 led headlights for sale also!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 05:11 PM   #8
Nick7700
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 F83 Atlantis Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmamba_kurk View Post
Quote:
It took exactly 1.5 hours. The one problem you're going to face, the passenger side the plug doesn't have enough slag to plug in because the connector is on the bottom. Although for those upgrading with non-led have to get extra stuff I believe ! Definitely worth it at the end of the day
So how were you able to plug the passenger side connector?
2024 BMW X6 M60i Isle of Man Green / Ivory White
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 05:33 PM   #9
Blackmamba_kurk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7700 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
So how were you able to plug the passenger side connector?
You will have to cut a bit the wire loom that covers the harness, and slowly pull. (Don't go crazy) Until you can plug it in, once you plug it you can buy tesa type and wrap it back on. Mine looks like OEM wrapping. But I'm sure they're other ways !
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 03:52 PM   #10
MasterYous
Lead-footed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i F23/2020 M4 F83

Quote:
I recently bought euro LCI headlights from a forum member @drivinaprobe and had them remotely coded by @[marius76 (contact:69160) he is a coding magician ! + coded the Anti-Dazzle which is amazing in person! !
Did you go from LED non-adaptive to LED adaptive? most of the people who do this retrofit come from old Xenon but I am interested in LED -> LED adaptive since those lights look better. I think LED non-adaptive is now standard on the recent F82/83 LCIs anyway which is what I am dealing with.

What did you need to buy, did you need just the lamps, or also the extra LED modules? Is a wiring hardness needed like for the Xenon retrofit, or do you not need it going from LED to LED? Would love to see a list of all parts for LCI LED -> LCI adaptive LED.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 04:20 PM   #11
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYous View Post
Did you go from LED non-adaptive to LED adaptive? most of the people who do this retrofit come from old Xenon but I am interested in LED -> LED adaptive since those lights look better. I think LED non-adaptive is now standard on the recent F82/83 LCIs anyway which is what I am dealing with.

What did you need to buy, did you need just the lamps, or also the extra LED modules? Is a wiring hardness needed like for the Xenon retrofit, or do you not need it going from LED to LED? Would love to see a list of all parts for LCI LED -> LCI adaptive LED.

Thanks!
DM Marius76. He will tell you what’s needed.
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2020, 04:25 PM   #12
Blackmamba_kurk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYous View Post
Quote:
I recently bought euro LCI headlights from a forum member @drivinaprobe and had them remotely coded by @[marius76 (contact:69160) he is a coding magician ! + coded the Anti-Dazzle which is amazing in person! !

Thanks!
Went from Led it's plug n play. Just need the lci headlights with the modules made for them.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 04:52 PM   #13
MasterYous
Lead-footed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i F23/2020 M4 F83

this community is so great. . thank you for answering so quickly. seems easy (albeit expensive) . I will DM Marius as well!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 08:14 PM   #14
High Octane
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 BMW M4

Definitely wanted to upgrade to the LCI headlights, but just can't justify spending $6k+ on them.

Maybe I'll get lucky on the used market one day. Definitely a big upgrade in looks though.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 08:16 PM   #15
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Octane View Post
Definitely wanted to upgrade to the LCI headlights, but just can't justify spending $6k+ on them.

Maybe I'll get lucky on the used market one day. Definitely a big upgrade in looks though.
I haven’t seen any go for $6k lately.
I think the prices have dropped considerably.

I’ve seen them go for about $4k now.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 08:35 PM   #16
Blackmamba_kurk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Octane View Post

I haven’t seen any go for $6k lately.
I think the prices have dropped considerably.

I’ve seen them go for about $4k now.
They definitely dropped in prices ! $3,300 is the lowest I've seen (with modules)
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 06:01 PM   #17
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep
Drives: 15 F82 *SOLD*

It is funny just how much the demand for the latest headlights drives the price up. I have opened up sets of each of the F8X lights, and of course once you strip away all the cosmetic stuff that you see once they are sealed, all the insides look and feel the same. Even these LCI2's look really basic with all the trim off.
Appreciate 1