Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

04-15-2020, 11:39 PM   #1
reefslips
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80

Lease Return

Has anyone successfully returned a lease in the last week in Southern California?

I showed up at my pre lease return appointment yesterday only to be told that no dealership in SoCal is taking any vehicles back. My lease ends on the 24th.

I called BMW FS and was told that they can extend my lease by a month at no cost. That would be an attractive offer pre-Covid19; however, I haven't driven more than 30 miles in the last 5 weeks. I would prefer not to pay for registration and insurance for a car that won't be driven.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 02:53 AM   #2
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefslips View Post
Has anyone successfully returned a lease in the last week in Southern California?

I showed up at my pre lease return appointment yesterday only to be told that no dealership in SoCal is taking any vehicles back. My lease ends on the 24th.

I called BMW FS and was told that they can extend my lease by a month at no cost. That would be an attractive offer pre-Covid19; however, I haven't driven more than 30 miles in the last 5 weeks. I would prefer not to pay for registration and insurance for a car that won't be driven.
That makes no sense. If your lease is up then you should be able to return the car. I returned my car last week but that's because I'm in the military and they don't have a choice but to take it when service members deploy.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 06:37 PM   #3
4151zero
HOV clogger
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 and i3 BEV

Don’t renew your registration, dmv and chp is giving us all a free pass til things re open
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 07:25 PM   #4
WESTCOASTTRADING
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4151zero View Post
Don't renew your registration, dmv and chp is giving us all a free pass til things re open
Yup and they are all gonna make it back by issuing tickets - drive slow guys
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 10:44 PM   #5
reefslips
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4151zero View Post
Don’t renew your registration, dmv and chp is giving us all a free pass til things re open
I hope that's the case although the dealer did tell me that when I eventually return the car, registration needs to be current.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 03:37 PM   #6
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefslips View Post

This is true. Sales rep told me that BMW are not doing lease return pre-inspections and BMWFS is extending leases by 1 month, at no cost to customer.
Appreciate 0