Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

03-08-2020, 04:07 PM   #1
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT, 2024 X3MC

Front Plate Tow Hook

I just got a fix it ticket for a front plate. I need to get it written off, so I figure I'd buy one of those tow hook mounts, get it written off, and then remove it and live life front plate free again.

Will those plates designed for the F32 work for my F82? Since I'm only going to be using this thing for all of 10 minutes, I'm looking for the cheapest option. Those that state they are designed specifically for the M4 are at least 4x the cost #Mtax. Thanks for any help!
      03-08-2020, 04:13 PM   #2
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Tape that shit on if you going el cheapo
Appreciate 2
danchee136.00
PhatLyfe985.00
      03-09-2020, 12:29 AM   #3
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT, 2024 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
Yea Im sure that would look great to the police officer writing off my ticket, but I would like a real response, you stupid ass hole.
      03-09-2020, 12:58 AM   #4
danchee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
Yea Im sure that would look great to the police officer writing off my ticket, but I would like a real response, you stupid ass hole.
Get a regular plate holder and tape the holder to the bumper. The cop can't see the holder screw holes. Use 3M automotive tape. Heat it up when you remove so it doesn't peel piaint/PPF.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 06:19 PM   #5
deemack79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
I just got a fix it ticket for a front plate. I need to get it written off, so I figure I'd buy one of those tow hook mounts, get it written off, and then remove it and live life front plate free again.

Will those plates designed for the F32 work for my F82? Since I'm only going to be using this thing for all of 10 minutes, I'm looking for the cheapest option. Those that state they are designed specifically for the M4 are at least 4x the cost #Mtax. Thanks for any help!
Use the OEM bracket and zip tie to the lower grille. I have that setup on standby in the boot just in case.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 10:25 AM   #6
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
Right I'm the asshole. You are trying to cheap out on a plate holder to avoid paying a ticket. Cheap x2. I don't run a front plate and paid the ticket once out of the 5 times I've been pulled over. I don't act dumb and say oh my plate fell off. My advice is sound for someone who is trying to get out of a meer front plate ticket. Cops aren't stupid. Good luck. You can tie some twine to the plate and tie it to the lower grille 🙂
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 02:28 PM   #7
btkeenan
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:

It may not be the cheapest solution out there but I think its the best looking I have seen for sure. https://www.stratosmeccanica.com/
Appreciate 0